Thread: Vango Tents

Default Vango Tents

Anyone had any experience or heard of these tents? someone told me they are more superior to the Hilleberg. And after doing some research they seem to be a little cheaper cost wise, and the Hilleberg tent is great in wind and snow, but not that great during heavy or torrential rain, where the Vango supposedly is.... but,I don't know much about them.

It looks like they make all kinds of sizes and shapes, tunnel and free standing, stand up style camping tents and even a pop-up tent. The tunnels look just like any other tunnel tent. I've not spent 100's of nights in Hillebergs but did spend 5 nights in a Nallo 3GT (tunnel tent), some in the rain with no probs and spent about 15 nights in my Hilleberg Tarra (free standing 4 season) last year in high winds and driving rain at times with no probs. Dry as could be. The Hillebergs don't require seam sealing because of how they are stitched. Needles are cooled, special thread and the way they fold the fabric before its sewn. And the outer tent fabric is absolutely 100% waterproof. Even the inner tent is water resistant in that it is treated. Any condensation on the inside of the outer tent that drips onto the inner tent beads up on the inner tent fabric.

The main complaint I heard about the Nallo series (which is the model I was interested in) was mostly condensation and some sort of leakage in their vestibule (I don't know) i just thought it would be a good two person tent with a vestibule for storage and to cook meals, etc. plus being such a light tent to pack.

Nothing but good from me and my Nallo 2. Close to 50 days in it in all four seasons and conditions, never a issue. Looks like their Nallo 2 equivalent is heavier by roughly 6oz. Cant speak to the Vango's. Interesting tents though.

Smile Terra Nova

http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/Product_...e_website.html

I am not familiar with the Vango tents but I thought I might throw this out there for another option to look at. I don't own one (yet) but I looked at one set up at AMH. It is freestanding, very light, lot's of room, big vestibule. I think it's all around features are a little better than a comparable Hilleberg.

That terra-nova looks like a good tent, might have to check out AMH, looks like some of these tent makers are trying to copy the hilleberg design, don't matter to me, I just want the best bang for my buck, it doesn't have to say "Hilleberg" on it, just has to perform well in the harshest conditions, yet light enough to pack around, and set up expediantly so I can have the mobility.