Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Archery Websites

Default Archery Websites

I was just wondering what sites many of you bowhunters and archer's use for products and accessories. I know you can just google it, but being fairly new to the archery world I want to make sure I am looking at reputable websites with good information and products. Thanks!

Terry

AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default +1 on Hunters Friend ...

their website contains a wealth of good basic information...and no probs with my mailorder from their site.

I've used this site for mailorder (targets) also with good results:
    http://www.yeoldearcheryshoppe.com/

Haven't used this one:
    http://www.nationalarcherysupply.com/index.html

Thumbs up tradgang

www.tradgang.com

You will find anything you could want or a link to it and a WEALTH of information and friends on tradgang. THE best site for trad archery. For wheels, ... I dunno

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the replies! Now I have some interesting stuff to research and read while the wife watches "Sex and the City" re-runs!

Terry

Archery talk.There are a lot of bowhunters there.Its always moving over there.

Default Huntersfriend.com

Good info, good deals and they don't put the screws to you for shipping just 'cause you're in Alaska!

Terry,

are you a member of the club? if so when do ya shoot? I need to get down there and get Dodd his inserts back...got them taken out of some shafts he cut....been busy with work ugg, that and trying to get my own arrows done so I can get back to shootn.

do you shoot trad or compounds?

Dan

Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Well, uhhhh...

I'm biased.

www.outwriteoutdoors.com

TradBow, I am a member of the club on Eielson. I shoot compounds and I try to shoot at least twice a week. Some weeks I make it by there three times, but usually just twice a week. How about yourself?

Terry

I havent been down in a couple of weeks....got busy with crap, no excuse really. That and I need to get some arrows finished for my own bow instead of everyone else's lol. I shoot as much as I can...once I get these arrows done I'll be down that way quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by wappkid View Post
    Archery talk.There are a lot of bowhunters there.Its always moving over there.

+3 for www.archerytalk.com I have been buying, selling, and trading archery equipment on this site for almost 7 years. They also have some good evaluations and archery tuning/troubleshooting topics. Great site.

Quote Originally Posted by 6XLeech View Post
    Watch out for this one. Lots of bad experiences documented on ArcheryTalk. I personally avoid NAS completely!

A good store to buy from is BowArmory.com . They ship fast, free shipping right now and prices are great. They got good deals on broadheads(slick tricks for $20), arrows, nocks, quivers etc.
    Archerytalk Classifieds have some great deals, I buy and sell there alot.

Default Agree with Mort - probs with my NAS order...

Quote Originally Posted by Mort View Post
    Watch out for this one. Lots of bad experiences documented on ArcheryTalk. I personally avoid NAS completely!
    Who knows why, but I had a similar experience. To be fair, I'll include NAS' explanation for the order delay below. Last year, I checked Archer's Den and SW (Wasilla), but they were sold out of the 100gm Slick Tricks.

So I ordered from NAS:
    Aug 6: I ordered Slick Tricks
    Aug 24: Having heard nothing, I contacted NAS for f/u.
    Aug 24: NAS responded, explaining delay in my order
    Aug 28: I contacted NAS again, setting deadline.
    Sep 2: I cancel my order, which had still not shipped.

Here's NAS explanation:
    On Aug 24, 2010, at 2:27 PM, National Archery Supply wrote:
    "... I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you here. I just pulled up your order to check on the status and it seems the status page didnít get updated. It appears we are still waiting on the broadheads, they have been on backorder for a little while now. There are some on the way from our distributer that I thought would have arrived already but have not yet. They should be here any day now.. Iím very sorry for the delay. We will have it shipped out the moment they arrive. I will also try to have the shipping upgraded to express as you have had to wait a while for this order.
    If you have any further questions donít hesitate to ask, Iíd be happy to help you.
    Thank you and have a great day!
    Thanks, ~ Samantha D.
    National Archery Supply | Customer Service Dept.

Just my 2 cents, but even though it costs more I always go to the local shop. The mail order guys might be less but I want to keep the local guy in business and I really appreciate the ready help and expert advice.

Here are two sites which I enjoy and frequently lurk:

Bowhunting.net I've been reading, browsing and using their on-line forums and features since 1996. They have good articles and product reviews and the chat room used to be full of hunters but I haven't used it in many years. This was the first archery website I found on-line 'back-in-the-day' when there were not-so-many (?) hunters on-line (especially in Alaska) in hunting forums.

Bowhunter Planet BHPTV! Also has some good reading from time to time.

Honorable mentions (sites I don't frequent as often but will goto) include archerytalk.com and bowsite.com.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

All good sites mentioned above. I visit archerytalk almost daily, tons of great information on that website. I also visit a few of the others. One I haven't seen mentioned that I just stumbled upon the other day is www.stickemarchery.com Seemed like a good website, and they give 10% military discount. Worth checking out if nobody has stopped by that site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast