Thread: Shrew bow weight?

Default Shrew bow weight?

I guess I never realized till this year how many shrews my Pit bull ate every winter. Sequoia passed on memorial day and now Sitka's bone cancer has advanced to the point she has trouble getting around somedays, we are over run with shrews! I got traps out and we replugged all the holes I could find and still had 3 fury little visitors during dinner. I nailed one with the marshmallow bow to no effect but it got the old wheels turning. I might have a challenging new target!

So what's the maximum draw weight you would consider hunting in the house with?
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Depending on what point you are using, I think 10# would be safe.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Blunt tips with peanut butter. That way you get a second shot.

Default Shrews!!

Rick, just keep Gunther upstairs with you and hunt like you are in a tree stand. Use blunts and any of your hunting bows, it'll be all right. If you use broadheads they are too hard to pull out of the walls. Probly want to wait till Tracy is at work too. Let me know if you need help field dressing or packing them out. What is the limit any way?? Are you going to have any of them mounted? I think life size in a charge pose would be nice.

Be carefull out there, hunting dangerous game is no joke!

Give Sitka a hug for us, she is in our thoughts.

Sounds like you need a cat with hard core ethics, not like our cats that catch shrews outside and brings them inside to play.

Sling shot and M&Ms.

I used to pick them off w/ an air gun as a kid. They lived in/under our shed and had a trail that they would run to get at my dogs food container. The trail was so well beaten you could see it clearly. When they would come along I would squeak at it using my lips and they would freeze long enough for a shot. That said, in the house I use poison.