Thread: FRC 2010 retriever training classes

Default FRC 2010 retriever training classes

Information & registration for the Fairbanks Retriever Club's 2010 spring training classes is available at http://www.fairbanksretrieverclub.org/classes.html Class size will be limited & advanced registration is required, so folks need to sign up early!!

When: Feb. 21-Mar. 21 (indoors) and Apr. 25-May 16 (outdoors)
    session #1 - 3:00 to 4:00 p.m.
    session #2 - 4:15 to 5:15 p.m.

Open to retrievers 4 months & older, with instruction for owner/handlers on the basics of starting your dog for hunting and field work. This includes basic obedience, teaching to retrieve, and preparing the dog for more advanced training.

Are there any other newbs on here that are interested in this? I'm thinking seriously about going. I emailed the contact link on the FRC site last night about it. My main question is are there any requirements as far as the dogs ability? I have basically only worked on some obedience and a little fetch with Biscuit so far. She hasn't even been on a leash much yet.

Jeremiah

Jeremiah,

Biscuit sounds just right for the classes. There are no requirements about the dog's previous training, as the classes are geared towards new folks/new dogs. Obedience, socialization, retrieving, introducing dogs to decoys & new situations, teaching people how to train/handle their dog, etc. Once outside, we'll add gunfire, terrain & some cover. We also encourage folks to form smaller training groups. What training you've done so far will be helpful, but never know what pups/dogs will do in a totally new environment. Heck, I'll have a 6 year old Chesapeake in the classes

Karen

Thanks for the reply. Biscuit has spent some time with other dogs, but she gets pretty excited around them so I'm sure it will be interesting. I also haven't worked with her on a leash at all. I'm going to get on the FRC site, and call them.

Jeremiah

Just signed up online. So I guess I'll see you guys and gals in a few weeks.

Jeremiah

Default Classes are full

FRC's training classes are full.