Thread: help! luma trailer tilt bed (this is stupid)

Default help! luma trailer tilt bed (this is stupid)

the design is stupid, how do you make it stay up to drive the sled on? it is balanced so that it will lay flat. Granted I am pretty new to this game, am I missing something, did they forget to put something on the trailer.

what do you do?

thanks-

Talking

Carry a 50# rock. Sorry could not resist. My Sled Bed Trailer has springs to hold it tilted for loading, works good. The only thing I could think of is to change the axle position so the bed stays tilted, but this could cause tongue weight and towing problems.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Default yea

I have tried some weights with poor results, It would probably take fifty pounds. I have been propping it up with sticks, lath, ect - recently been using a golf club, wich did work good 50% of the time, but is now a two piece golf club.

springs is a good idea

Have someone stand on the edge of it with their foot until you get the sled started on it then let her rip.

if you just want it to work right and don't mind spending the money - they sell a little lift strut (like for a rear hatch on your SUV) that you can install to keep it tilted

I bolted a piece of 1/2" steel plate under the back of the trailer, worked great.

Default thanks

for the ideas guys

When I had a tilt bed trailer, I installed a spring designed to hold the tilt. It worked awesome, especially when loading by myself. Don't waste your money on those cheap shock/lift gate style supports, they don't last in the cold.

Here is what I used...easy to install too.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=370268053915

Default I usually just

throttle the machine near the edge, get off the machine, tilt the trailer by standing on it and then throttle it up enough to hold the sled down and then ride the machine up and on the trailer. As long as your trailer has track grips, it will climb right up. No issues.

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    throttle the machine near the edge, get off the machine, tilt the trailer by standing on it and then throttle it up enough to hold the sled down and then ride the machine up and on the trailer. As long as your trailer has track grips, it will climb right up. No issues.
    This is how I do it also, but those springs MORSNO suggests look like they might work nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    This is how I do it also, but those springs MORSNO suggests look like they might work nice.
    They also help keeping you from slamming down and damaging your tongue. Very usefull on aluminum trailers!!!!