Thread: Remington/Barnes partners

Not sure how excited I am about this deal...

Remington has went down the tubes as of late in my opinion and being in the lead free portion of CA I was using quite of bit of the Barnes' product.

My opinion is lead will be gone from at least 95% of bullets within the next 10 years and Remington buying Barnes will give them a lead on converting their lead bullets to the "unleaded" types.
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    My opinion is lead will be gone from at least 95% of bullets within the next 10 years and Remington buying Barnes will give them a lead on converting their lead bullets to the "unleaded" types.
    I can't see that happening, even in 25 years. I sure hope your wrong.

Hope I am wrong as well. But the EPA is pushing hard to get the lead out of everything. Some states have already banned lead wheel weights. First is was gasoline, then lead shot for waterfowl and next it will be sinkers and such.
    Tennessee

Ugh, my stomach just shrank. Here in NY state we already have a ban on the sale of lead split shots under a certain weight.

they belong together.

hype + hype= a happy group of "hyped" up folks

Reads like a fairly restrained corporate announcement.

The only hyperbole I noticed was "...world's leading ... designer...". Not so far, not by Freedom Group since acquiring other companies.

When an industry giant buys an industry leader, that is a clue.

Unhappy Say it ain't so....

Hmmmm...not sure how I feel about this. I like the TSX big time, and have used it extensively. However, I'm not a fan of Remington.

Regarding lead bullets (core or otherwise), I am in full agreement that they are on death row...I suspect they will be gone by the end of this decade.

Doc

Default Lead bullets gone by the end of the decade?

I hope I'm wrong, but I can see lead fishing gear and lead bullets being outlawed on Federal land, sea and lakes way before 2020 unless something is done to stop the greenies and the EPA extremists.

I'm not anti enviroment regulations, but common sense needs to be placed before raw statistics. The total amount of lead deposited into Alaska soil by hunters may be in the tons, but in actuality will a ton of bullets impact the millions of square miles that are wilderness area? I think not, but it sounds terrible on paper and this is how lobbyists get stupid EPA regulations passed is through statistical hogwash.

Some areas will no longer allow 2 stroke engines. what next? ban ammo so to make our guns useless?
    God, Guns and Guts is what made America Great

Just to be clear, I'm not in agreement with efforts to ban lead bullets (because I'm not), I'm agreeing with an earlier post that predicted lead bullets would be gone in ten years.

Lead shot is already gone for the most part. Furthermore, there was a study/consultation done by the CDC last year at the request of the Wisconsin DNR examining high levels of lead in venison harvested by hunters. I'm sure that the study will be referenced by those who would want to ban lead bullets, which will be a misuse of the data IMO...because the authors of the study also concluded that the concern with venison lead levels could be corrected by changing meat processing procedures.

Doc