. Fish and Game Chapter 92
. Statewide Provisions Section 200. Purchase and sale of game
5 AAC 92.200. Purchase and sale of game
(a) In accordance with AS 16.05.920
(a) and 16.05.930(e), the purchase, sale, or barter of game or any part of game is permitted except as provided in this section.
(b) Except as provided in 5 AAC 92.031,
a person may not purchase, sell, barter, advertise, or otherwise offer for sale or barter:
(1) any part of a bear, except an article of handicraft made from the fur of a bear;
(2) a big game trophy;
(3) a big game animal skull, except the skull of a wolf or wolverine, or a horn or antler that is still attached to any part of the skull
(4) the antler of a caribou taken in Unit 23, unless the antler is a naturally shed antler or has been made into an article of handicraft;
(5) unsealed marten taken in Units 1 - 7, and 15, except as provided in 5 AAC 92.170(a)
(6) unsealed beaver taken in Units 1 - 11 and Units 13 - 17;
(7) unsealed land otter, lynx, wolf, or wolverine;
(8) the meat of big game and small game, except hares and rabbits; however, caribou may be bartered in Units 22 - 26, but may not be transported or exported from those units.
(c) Notwithstanding (b)(2) and (b)(3) of this section, a licensed taxidermist, estate executor, or bankruptcy referee, may sell a skin or trophy by permit issued under 5 AAC 92.031,
and the state will, in its discretion, sell a skin or trophy as excess property. A person may purchase and possess an animal skin or trophy sold under this subsection. However, no person may resell a skin or trophy purchased from a seller under this subsection.
(d) A person who engages in fur dealing, as defined in AS 16.05.940
, and who purchases or acquires, through consignment or barter, the raw skin of a furbearer or fur animal, shall report the transaction to the department on a form provided for this purpose, within 30 days after the last day of the month during which the transaction occurred.
History: Eff. 7/5/85, Register 95; am 11/1/85, Register 96; am 8/8/87, Register 103; am 7/14/88, Register 107; am 8/20/89, Register 111; am 8/10/91, Register 119; am 5/5/93, Register 126; readopt 5/13/93, Register 126; am 7/1/98, Register 146; am 7/1/2002, Register 162; am 7/1/2003, Register 166; am 7/1/2004, Register 170; am 12/30/2004, Register 172
Authority: AS 16.05.255
Editor's note: At its November 9 - 11, 1992, January 19 - 28, 1993 meeting, the Board of Game readopted 5 AAC 92.200
in its entirety, without change, under ch. 1, SSSLA 1992 (the 1992 subsistence law), which repealed and reenacted AS 16.05.258