Thread: Bearcat 570XT

Default Bearcat 570XT

Hi All,
    I bought a BC 570xt last january and was not impressed with its deep snow performance This is not my first machine but I am far from being mechanical.

When I bought it I was aware it was heavier than comparable models and that its performance would suffer so I don't think i am expecting to much out of it. With that being said I have put quite a bit of time on a Skandic 550wt and a Polaris 500 widetrac so I have an idea of what to expect with a 20x 156 track. I was having trouble in snow deeper than 2 feet. The machine seemed like it was geared to high or clutched wrong as once the track and tunnel would fill up with snow I couldnt get it moving again as the clutch would just slip (even if i made it to a packed track to stop on)... Wondering if anyone else had the same experences and if so have they been able to improve it.

wow it shouldn't do that check the belt would be my guess

Checked the belt and it was fine. Replaced it with a new belt just to be sure and problem continued. I wish this was all it was. Thanks anyways

you may want to contact arctic cat and see what they say.

i agree, it shouldnt do that. something is wrong with either the driven, or the secondary clutch...or both. do you get any smell? how does it haul weight? do you have wide ski skins or wide skis? how does it accelerate? how many miles are on it? how well does it idle? do you hear any clutch related noises? what elevation are you riding at normally? I know.....lotta questions but this really puzzles me because that is one bad mothah of a sled no matter how much it weighs!

The machine is stock (stock skis are wide) with approximately 500 miles. It seems to pull alright as I pulled 700lb of bait through about 8-10 inchs of snow which really surprises. I do get some smell from the belt in the deep stuff (starting off). runs well, seems like it excelerates well and makes no clutch noise. Had it back to my dealer and they are not helpfull at all. They looked at it and said the clutches are fine.....

It sounds to me like your clutches and belt may be getting wet. I don't know anything about Bearcats (on purpose ) but it may be worthwhile to get some prefilter fabric from SLP and screen your cowl vents.