Thread: Coffee maker

Default Coffee maker

Does anyone know where I can find a battery powered or plug coffee pot for my boat?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i am guessing your trying to avoid a msr or jet boil in rolling seas?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

my mother in law has a 12V coleman coffee maker....not sure where she got it but I want to say SW or Walmart or someplace like that...she did find it locally though.....I'll ask her next time I see her..

walgreens carries this one and there are several locations in ANC

http://www.walgreens.com/store/catal...=19-34146071-2
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Try here for a start. I would try and find one without a glass carafe.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Cabela's also carries camp coffee makers. I thought I remembered seeing a 12v version, but a search of their site came up with this propane powered unit...

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...set=ISO-8859-1

Unfortunately, it only has one review posted and it is very negative.

Now, if you already have a stovetop, then you might consider this one...

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...114&hasJS=true
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

hap

I use a plastic cone with paper filters and make it a cup at a time. I also have a wide-mouth thermos I use for making larger volumes, but I do it the same way. A dedicated coffee pot takes up a lot more space.

My inverter is big enough to power a grinder, but not a full-size coffee pot. I heat water on a diesel (Dickinson Atlantic) stove. Finding something to run on 12V is going to require some electrical "beef".

Charterboat Operator

Gary; I will give you mine!

thought about how nice it would be to just plug it in and let er rip, got me one of those coleman ones, got everything stowed away on the boat, got anchored up halibut fishing on a cool morning and thought about brewing up some fresh stuff. filled the brewer, added the coffee and stepped out back. came in after landing a couple of fish expecting a nice fresh cup of jave, NOT!! coffee was still trickeling out, and i mean trickeling! somewhere between froxen birch syrup comming out of a tree and a mouse peeing! 40 minutes later there was almost a cup, of course it was cold, but by golly i finally had enough to drink.
    wasn't worth the effort to try and take it back, guess i am too lazy.

so if you want a slow speed ultra low-efficient one, give me a call and you can come get it!!

PB

Graingers in Anchorage sells the 12 volt coffee maker along with a heated lunch box that warms to 300 degrees. Its not a roadpro, but similar. Can't remember the brand right now. Their both about the 30ish dollar range. We had a tool day on the Slope at Alpine in November and they had them. I plan on getting both for my boat this spring. They said the lunch box can make a meat loaf in it. Moose Loaf while fishing. MMMMMM

Just for a different idea, try some of the single serve instant packs Starbucks has out now. You can order them from their website. I was skeptical at first, but man, these things are pretty darn good. Not the instant coffee you are thinking of. If a pot on the boat is tough to figure out, I would suggest trying some out. All the treehuggers and backpackers were raving about how good they were on the Backpacker forum last year so I gave them a try. Pretty darn good for certain situations.

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

+1 on Starbucks Via...Excellent Coffee!