Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What have you found in the woods??

Default Bear Poop

Driving from Seldovia to Mcdonald Spit with my cousin, saw lots of Black Bear poo, one pile had toilet paper in the middle! I told my Cousin your bear sure are civilized! Nothing but Bl bear tracks near the pile.

Have lived in Fairbanks, Anderson, Valdez and now Anchorage.

THE WEIRDEST THING I DIDN'T FIND:

During the summer of about 1971 (give or take a year or two) I was riding my Honda Trail 90 out on the fire trails on the south side of the Parks Hwy by Clear Sky Lodge. This Government 4X4 stopped to talk, asked where I'd been riding and what I saw. Then they asked me if I'd smelled anything strange. I asked like what, but they wouldn't tell me.

I found out later, that the year before, a female tourist fell into the Nenana up by the park and drowned. They didn't find her body until the next summer when I was out riding. They'd picked up the body with a helicopter and then while flying it to Fbks, they'd dropped it from the helicopter!!! I figured it out a couple of weeks later when I heard they had found the body they were looking for that they dropped from the helicopter.

Bill
    trackrig@gmail.com

I found a mound with broken pottery all around it, probably some Indian tribe

Pre WW2 camera in an avalanche chute way up Palmer Creek Rd.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

I was hunting caribou out on Adak, and found a 105 shell casing in the tall grass near Husky Pass. Once in Oregon I found a pickup truck under a cedar tree, I took the vin number as the plates had been removed. I call a friend that was the sheriff, he said it had been stolen from a car dealership. I called them, they gave me a spare set of keys and said bring it back down the mountain. It was one heck of a ride. Muddy and slick with snow. by the time I got back there were a few more dents in it than when I found it. It was a fun trip.

Some hunters up in the Brooks Range, stopped to take a break while hiking South of an old gold mining area, they sat down at the base of a tree and ate a snack. One of the guys looked down next to him on the ground and there was an old timer's gold poke sitting there, full of placer gold. Some people have all the luck...

It doesn't seem by that time that there would be anything left to create an odor....? Unless it was late in the summer when she fell in and early the following summer when she was found (frozen much of the time?) Interesting (albeit sad) story.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123