Thread: Rental Cabin

Default Rental Cabin

The Wife and I are looking for a reasonable priced rental cabin with skiff for crabbing and fishing in the P.W. Sound for July 2010.
    Any Ideas with first hand experience.

Anchorage Alaska

Default First of all

There is no crabbing in Prince William Sound in the summer times.
    The only cabins for rent that I know of is the state cabin at Decision Point which has a stay limit of 7 days and the 4 or so forest service cabins (on the west side)

State cabins are reserved here for questions.

Forest Service cabins

For the note. State cabins can be reserved 6 months to the day as a non resident 7 months to the day as a resident starting at 10 am Alaska time

Forest service cabins are 6 month to the day at 10 am Eastern

So us Alaskans have to be online at 6 am to get the cabins (I know, I was up at 5:45 on xmas day to get the Paulson Bay cabin for the 24th and 26th of June.)

The state cabins are reasonably priced, but you'll either need your own boat to get to them, or have a charter take you out, and pick you up, and you'd still need a boat to fish from.

While not inexpensive, you might want to look into renting a cabin cruiser boat for a long weekend, and just sleeping on the boat. That way you won't be tied down to fishing by a paticular cabin, and price wise might not be too much difference when you factor in the cost of a drop off and pick up. Not to mention that most of the cabins aren't right off the best fishing spots.