Thread: 2nd Amendment

Default 2nd Amendment

Perhaps I'm late and everybody's seen this clip. Perhaps not. This will evoke some emotions.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMyM-9uvZug

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pid View Post
    Perhaps I'm late and everybody's seen this clip. Perhaps not. This will evoke some emotions.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMyM-9uvZug

I have seen this ladies story before. She either was, or is, a congresswoman from Texas and is a staunch second amendment supporter. Her story has been widely circulated and is an unbelievable set of events that makes you wonder why everybody wouldn't want to carry at all times.

The biggest argument I get when talking to anti-gun advocates is their belief we don't need firearms to survive. We get our food at supermarkets and since most of them have never been in a fistfight, let alone shot at, they just don't see the need for gun ownership. One of my former bosses, (an Air Force Captain) once told me the 2nd Amendment was an old outdated amendment. He said we needed it at the time our country was founded but now it needs to be changed or updated to reflect our modern society. With that line of reasoning, the entire Constitution and Bill of Rights is subject to change. I'd have to say I agree it is time for a change with regards to the Second Amendment. Everyone in this country should be encouraged to carry firearms because our founding fathers never had to worry about a psycho walking into McDonald's with an AK-47 randomly shooting people. For those of you who are either WWII history buffs or just think an armed citizenry is a good thing, check out this quote from Admiral Yamamoto 1941, "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." Of course, in our "modern society" we don't have to worry about people invading or otherwise terrorizing our country's citizens, now do we?

Default Grizzly 1

Quote Originally Posted by sep View Post
    The biggest argument I get when talking to anti-gun advocates is their belief we don't need firearms to survive. We get our food at supermarkets and since most of them have never been in a fistfight, let alone shot at, they just don't see the need for gun ownership. One of my former bosses, (an Air Force Captain) once told me the 2nd Amendment was an old outdated amendment. He said we needed it at the time our country was founded but now it needs to be changed or updated to reflect our modern society. With that line of reasoning, the entire Constitution and Bill of Rights is subject to change. I'd have to say I agree it is time for a change with regards to the Second Amendment. Everyone in this country should be encouraged to carry firearms because our founding fathers never had to worry about a psycho walking into McDonald's with an AK-47 randomly shooting people. For those of you who are either WWII history buffs or just think an armed citizenry is a good thing, check out this quote from Admiral Yamamoto 1941, "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." Of course, in our "modern society" we don't have to worry about people invading or otherwise terrorizing our country's citizens, now do we?
    Well said ...................

Mort

Default That's Suzanna Hupp...

I believe I got the name right...we flew her to Maryland this year to give testimony in support of a Concealed Carry Weapons bill. A long uphill battle in Maryland, but we'll continue to fight the good fight.

Notice how Bloomberg doesn't seem too interested....

Michael