Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Day Ice-Fishing EVER!

Default Best Day Ice-Fishing EVER!

Feelin' like kind of a loser Dad for not taking the kids fishing yet (at least for them to catch some), I jumped at the opportunity to take the kids ice fishing with some relatives down on the Peninsula.

~35F, fish galore, great gear, family all around...it couldn't have been better!

My 3 y/o girl caught 4 all on her own, and the 2 y/o boy caught 3 all on his own as well. Numerous others with Mom and Dad helping.

4 generations of family out there as the kiddo's Great Grandma was out there enjoying the action herself (she's pictured below), up from California.

Awesome time and I only have one picture of the boy, but more to follow when I'm on a different computer. When we left, after seeing how much fun EVERYONE had, my wife said "looks like we need some ice fishing gear"...I'll soon oblige

Talking Awesome!

The smile tells the whole story! Great job "Daddy"!
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice, remember life is expensive and ammo is cheep!

Enjoy those kids now!! They grow up so fast. You are making memories that will last a life time. Well done!

Very nice Kyle.

Grins like that are contagious....
    Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously. ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

thats great kyle.....get her hooked.
    I ♥ Big Sheep

Posts like this are why I like this forum!

Awesome.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Nicely done, man. I'm looking forward to next winter when I can get my kid out fishing with his own pole for the first time. Thanks for the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Feelin' like kind of a loser Dad for not taking the kids fishing yet (at least for them to catch some), I jumped at the opportunity to take the kids ice fishing with some relatives down on the Peninsula.

~35F, fish galore, great gear, family all around...it couldn't have been better!

My 3 y/o girl caught 4 all on her own, and the 2 y/o boy caught 3 all on his own as well. Numerous others with Mom and Dad helping.

4 generations of family out there as the kiddo's Great Grandma was out there enjoying the action herself (she's pictured below), up from California.

Awesome time and I only have one picture of the boy, but more to follow when I'm on a different computer. When we left, after seeing how much fun EVERYONE had, my wife said "looks like we need some ice fishing gear"...I'll soon oblige

I have a bunch of gear, pretty much everything except an auger that you and Alaska_Lanche are welcome to borrow as long as you take at least one of my boys with you since I will be gone the rest of the winter.

I have an Eskimo 6-man pop up shelter, big buddy heater, couple rods, holders, lures, chairs, stools amongst other things. All of it is brand new.

Awesome photo. I get a huge kick out of taking my nephew fishing. My wife and I are finally expecting our first here in a couple weeks. I can't wait until they get that age. Sure changes fishing for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by sheep man
    thats great kyle.....get her hooked.
    He's gonna go spider monkey on you if ya keep callin' him a girl...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Nicely done, man. I'm looking forward to next winter when I can get my kid out fishing with his own pole for the first time. Thanks for the motivation!
    Brian, thats the first thing she said when we got there. "Where's my Dora pole!?" I look forward to trip #2.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    ...you and Alaska_Lanche are welcome to borrow as long as you take at least one of my boys with you since I will be gone
    the rest of the winter...
    Jon, thats QUITE the offer. I hate to use all your new gear (and we'll get our own, too), but if we do go on an outing, we'll see if they're available...

Quote Originally Posted by patrickL View Post
    My wife and I are finally expecting our first here in a couple weeks. I can't wait until they get that age. Sure changes fishing for the better.
    Its getting better every day

This one was out there but didn't get to hold a pole, yet

Couple more pics...

Thumbs up

Good job getting your family out there on a nice day and connecting with the fish thats what keeps the young ones interested!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

really nice kyle... really nice..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Good job getting your family out there on a nice day and connecting with the fish thats what keeps the young ones interested!
    Yeah, you can see that they aren't the biggest fish (biggest caught was 14" by a relative), but its quantity over quality at this point....

I think at that age quantity is always better than quality.

Here's one of my brother in-law and his son.

He told his mom is was a shark.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome, patrick. Love the smiles on the kiddos faces!

Sport Lake???

Recognize that house, eh?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

YOU gonna try and tell me this lil guy DOES NOT need one of these yet?

looks like he earned it to me

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=70877
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I guess I COULD let the little bugger pick his way through, but I'm hoping to supply an auger at some time

I guess I COULD let the little bugger pick his way through, but I'm hoping to supply an auger at some time
    well what is more important then the look of joy on his face when you give it to him...

is the look of joy on moms face when she realizes your serious

meet on face book here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast