Thread: Shrimp and Tanner Crab Harvest Reports

Default Shrimp and Tanner Crab Harvest Reports

Does anyone know when F&G will have the data on Shrimping in NGC waters and also Tanner Crabbing in Homer and NGC Waters? If so, how does one get the info and how detailed do they get? Want to start planning my summer and putting a few extra pennies in the "items I can't live without jar", and was curious how much of it Potbuilder is gonna get in exchange for his fine Shrimp and Crab Traps. I'm not maxxed out "yet" on pots.

shrimp... mmmmm
    all i know is... if your limit is 4 shrimp i hit my limit last year!!!

tanner opens again on the 15th, and runs until (i think) the 15th of march, then will close until at least mid july, maybe until august.
    final decision won't be made until the trawl survey is done in late june or early july.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

HomerDave

So when will the data be available on the Harvest for 09? Any Idea or who I can call?

not really sure, but the harvest data is not really relevant to the 2010 season, the population estimate is based on the trawl survey, and the opener is based on the population estimate.
    call charlie trowbridge in homer if you have questions.
    i can tell you that the crabbing was really good this winter, and will likely still be good later this month when it opens again.
    when it opens in the summer the catch rate is good initially, then slows down a little. the crabs aren't really full until september anyway... more or less
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

I know it was in Homer as I fished there myself in August and had pretty good luck. Didn't try this winter, boat is put up. They are sure good eating. I am really more interested in Crab and Shrimp in NGC Water data. There were some folks setting pots including myself, buy not too many folks were talking. I figure the data will tell the truth I hope. I'll try to find this guys number and it should all be the same collection point I would think. If you have it handy, it would be helpful.