Thread: Tikka scope mounts

Default Tikka scope mounts

My wonderful wife bought me a Tikka t3 lite in 7mm for Christmas. I know i want to put a set of talley rings on it but im not sure what height to order. Im going to put a burris 3x9-40 scope on, so would low rings fit? Thanks Hillbilly

Good call swapping out the junk Tika rings! I had a leupold 3-9x40 mounted up with a set of low rings and it was perfect. I would take my rifle and scope over to boondock in ER and do a test fit in the store to make sure it is what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by H_I_L_L_B_I_L_L_Y View Post
    My wonderful wife bought me a Tikka t3 lite in 7mm for Christmas. I know i want to put a set of talley rings on it but im not sure what height to order. Im going to put a burris 3x9-40 scope on, so would low rings fit? Thanks Hillbilly
    the low rings will work just fine......and are a better scope/stock fit on the tikka. the mediums are unnecessarily high, and raise your face from the stock.

you have a great rifle, that my soon become your favorite!
    happy trails.
    jh

Depends on the rings and designs. I swapped my Tikka OEM rings out for a set of Warnes because the Warnes were designed similarly to the Tikkas in that they clamp directly to the receiver as the Tikka rings do.

The Warnes are medium height and are within a couple 1/1000ths of the Tikka OEMs in height. I couldn't tell a difference in stock-to-cheek weld when looking through the scope after it was remounted.

If the Talleys have a separate base then lows should work for you.
    Now what ?

Default medium

I have a tikka t3 in 338 federal, I have talley medium rings. good solid setup.

Thumbs up Talleys

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Good call swapping out the junk Tika rings! I had a leupold 3-9x40 mounted up with a set of low rings and it was perfect. I would take my rifle and scope over to boondock in ER and do a test fit in the store to make sure it is what you want.
    All my rifles wear talleys.

Thanks for the info fellas. Hillbilly

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Same here, I went with the lows on my Tikka 300 WM when I owned it.