Thread: Fairbanks Concealed Weapons Class

Default Fairbanks Concealed Weapons Class

Anyone know when the next class is in Fairbanks? I just checked the website and didnt see anything pending. I just bought my wife a new gun and would like her to get some good instruction (not from me) to make her feel more comfortable. Thanks for any info.

Which website? Did you call Joe Nava 479-2340 he's in the phone book. My wife took his class last year and a lady friend of ours took it this fall. I'm thinking I'd like to take it one of these days as well.

I suspect that Joe Nava does a very good class. I took mine back in 1995 from Horace Black. His class was very good as well, but I am not sure if he is still teaching. If you are looking for additional instruction check out Alaska Tactical in Anchorage. In particular look for their summer classes taught by guest instructors like Bill Jeans and Louis Awerbuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Which website? Did you call Joe Nava 479-2340 he's in the phone book. My wife took his class last year and a lady friend of ours took it this fall. I'm thinking I'd like to take it one of these days as well.
    Their website is www.aimcomm.org I know Joe teaches it, was hoping someone here would know when, I didnt want to bother him on the weekend.

I too am thinking of taking the class, Ive been shooting since I was 7 and had a CCW permit in another state but its always nice to get a refresher.

I took Joe Nava's CCW class last year. I highly recommend it. He teaches classes pretty much every weekend. You should call him soon since his classes fill up quickly. It took a month or so after I called him to get into a class...Louis
    Louis Knapp

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster View Post
    Their website is www.aimcomm.org I know Joe teaches it, was hoping someone here would know when, I didnt want to bother him on the weekend.

I too am thinking of taking the class, Ive been shooting since I was 7 and had a CCW permit in another state but its always nice to get a refresher.
    Thanks Ronster for the link.

Default Me too.

I took Joe's class last year as well. Don't worry about bothering him, he lives for this stuff. Give him a call. Great guy.

The website mentioned won't have a schedule, you basically go in the indoor range, sign the book and Joe calls you with an opening. Or you can call him as mentioned above to see if there's an opening.

Took his class a few years ago, and it was well worth it. Have had other training from Joe as well, highly recommended!