Thread: Up the Yentna?

Default Up the Yentna?

I've never been, but we may head up that way tomorrow. Are there any lodges open on the first 50 miles or so? Any hazards to avoid?

Thanks for the 411.

Zeb

Default Yes!

There is place open all the to the Shell Hills and beyond!
    But heres to first couple. 1. Luce's about 30 miles out from Willow or Deshka Landing 9 miles up the Yentna! Dave and Janis got what ever you might need. Great Place!!!! 2. Then about 10 more miles out is Yentna Station. I have had to hold up there at 50 below. They will help you with what evere you need. I even have had them do sled recovery for a friend of mine! My best trips are when I go see Eric & Shane at Northwoods Lodge! They got one of the nices places up about 3 miles beyond Lake Creek on the Fish Creek about 1 Mile in to the right. He has been known to fix your machine right there!!
    All great people !!!
    Have Fun!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Default Thanks!

Awesome. Thanks for the very helpful info, and all your heard work on the trails.

Zeb

If you leave out of Deshka Landing you will can look at the map on the wall and get good GPS coordinates. Also Roger and Jason will have the most updated trail info.

Trail is marked well with stakes and land marks.

Great easy ride. Good food, with great people all along the river. Stick to the trail and enjoy. Once you learn the river plenty of places to explore off river.