Thread: Caribou on the cheap!

Default Caribou on the cheap!

Greetings

I am planning a caribou hunt this August. I havenít hunted them in a few years last time was the 40 mile herd. Can any one suggest/ recommend a transporter/airtaxi, I just need some one to drop me off and pick me up when I call in(Sat Phone) Most of my old hunting buddies have all move to the lower 48 so a little stuck this year have to plan on my own. When I enquired some air taxis quoted huge laughable fees.

Default laughable fees

keep calling air taxis and you're likely to get the same result... the huge increase in fuel and insurance has nearly double the prop time charges for transporters in the last 5-6 years...

you are likely to see prop time rates ranging from $350 hr for a super cub to $750 an hour for a beaver...

you may want to check with Deltana outfitters (I think they are on this site as a sponsor) I used them recently and they were the most reasonable for a super cub drop out of happy valley.

Good luck

Greg

Hi,
    I will be doing fly-in hunts at chandalar shelf this season. If you would like to hunt the brooks range.
    Thank you
    Jeff Kruse
    Bushwhacker Air

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker Air View Post
    Hi,
    I will be doing fly-in hunts at chandalar shelf this season. If you would like to hunt the brooks range.
    Thank you
    Jeff Kruse
    Bushwhacker Air
    How much? Got a website?

Hi Guys,
    No website yet, we are a new business, just now starting to put a website together. Before I scare any of you off, let me say that I have been flying in Alaska since 1995. We are a FAA certified part 135 air taxi.
    Prices for 2010 will be-caribou $1,500 to fly you and gear out extra 500.00 if you take a animal.
    Moose will be $1,500 plus an extra 900.00 for an animal.
    Sheep is a flat rate of $1,250 within 50 miles of chandalar shelf. From 50 to 100 miles it will be $1,750.
    Grizzly will be a flat rate of $1,250
    I will have a permit to operate in ANWR.
    Im not sure if you can say cheap and fly-in hunt in the same breath or not but that is the rate for 2010.
    Thank you
    Jeff Kruse
    Bushwhacker Air

Default Aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker Air View Post
    Hi Guys,
    No website yet, we are a new business, just now starting to put a website together. Before I scare any of you off, let me say that I have been flying in Alaska since 1995. We are a FAA certified part 135 air taxi.
    Prices for 2010 will be-caribou $1,500 to fly you and gear out extra 500.00 if you take a animal.
    Moose will be $1,500 plus an extra 900.00 for an animal.
    Sheep is a flat rate of $1,250 within 50 miles of chandalar shelf. From 50 to 100 miles it will be $1,750.
    Grizzly will be a flat rate of $1,250
    I will have a permit to operate in ANWR.
    Im not sure if you can say cheap and fly-in hunt in the same breath or not but that is the rate for 2010.
    Thank you
    Jeff Kruse
    Bushwhacker Air
    what will you be flying and when will you start operating?