Thread: New forum

Thumbs up New forum

Welcome to the new Alaska Outdoors Optics forum. There is quite a bit of interest in this subject, as evidenced by the plethora of posts which I transferred here from the gear forum.

This forum is actually the brainchild of Doug Paymer of Cameraland. Doug and I had a long conversation on the telephone earlier this week, and he impressed me with his commitment to customer service. He suggested an optics forum, and offered to financially support it.

Doug is an optics enthusiast, and when you see his contributions, I think you'll find that he knows quite a bit about the subject. Doug is not only going to sponsor the forum, he will be contributing from time to time. He contributes on a number of other outdoors forums, and I'm pleased to have him here as well. I interviewed Doug today so you could get to know him a bit. You can listen to the interview in MP3 format.

As part of Cameraland's sponsorship, Doug will be posting sticky threads from time to time with information about the products they offer.

I'll be announcing the forum more broadly on the other forums as well within the next day or two.

David
    Last edited by Webmaster; 12-22-2006 at 13:40.