Thread: Auger Blade Strap

Default Auger Blade Strap

I have an Eskimo Shark 10" Power Auger and broke the strap that holds the blade protector on. Does anyone know where I can get just the strap? I have looked at several places in Anchorage and on the peninsula and can find the complete blade cover for 8" and 9" augers but nothing for 10". I don't think there is any difference in the strap used on my Eskimo as the same used on Jiffy or Strikemaster. I found this one on line but shipping would cost more than the strap. http://www.thornebros.com/winter/aug...are_strap.html

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DanAKAL View Post
    I have an Eskimo Shark 10" Power Auger and broke the strap that holds the blade protector on. Does anyone know where I can get just the strap? I have looked at several places in Anchorage and on the peninsula and can find the complete blade cover for 8" and 9" augers but nothing for 10". I don't think there is any difference in the strap used on my Eskimo as the same used on Jiffy or Strikemaster. I found this one on line but shipping would cost more than the strap. http://www.thornebros.com/winter/aug...are_strap.html

Dan
    Just keep a handful of heavy duty zip-ties in the gear box. I've had the same thing happen......and still havent "fixed" the problem. I guess it's just too easy to cut a couple zip ties and replace them again on the trip home.

What about small bunjie straps a Wally World?

3 Rivers carries 'em. May be out, but if they are, they usually have one they can rob off a blade cover. They'll be open Saturday.

I think I bought a two pack of replacement staps at sportsmans in wasilla, but it may have been at three rivers..... sucks getting old.
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

Default Replacement Strap

Another option is to use a bungie cord. You can try different lengths of premade ones but Trustworthy sells the bungie material and you just need to buy a little longer piece and put a knot in each end at the appropriate spot.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Thanks guys. I'll be out in the valley in a couple of weeks so I'll check at SW and 3 Rivers. If I can't find one then I'll see what I can get rigged up with a bungie or Ty-Wraps.

Dan

Thumbs up

Let me know when you come out this way (Wasilla). As I said they came in a two pack and so I'm not using the other one. You can just have it if I'm around.
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

Many Thanks alaskanassasin. If I can't find some new straps I might take you up on your offer.

Dan

my concern is I also broke my jiffy strap...she's not to short I cant use it but I'm sure it wont be long.

I think I'm going to give the bungie method a try. They are easy to find compared to the strap lol. Went to sportsmens today they had one for an eskimo guard. I think the rubber strap for it at 10 bucks was a bit HIGH priced but also a bit to dang short anyways.