Thread: Spotting scopes

Default Spotting scopes

I was wondering if anyone has had experence with the Leupold Gold Ring Compact Spotting Scope 15x30x50. I was thinking about getting one of these for sheep hunting. Im up for advice on others brands/makes that in the 600 price range. I would really like a lieca or a swarovski, but there is no way that I afford one of them. Any ideas????

Dude you can afford them if you wasn't such a tight wad....You just sold your house in North Pole...Hiding the money from the wifey huh?

Why aren't you posting this in the Optics forum?....you know the rules

I would look at the pentax pf65edII over the leupy. I like mine though it certainly isn't a swaro.

I have a Leupold compact 15-30X50. I have no complaints with it although I have no experience sheep hunting. Has worked fun for me on a Caribou hunt, Brown Bear, and numerous deer hunts. The tripod that came with it is cheap though, I will be upgrading that next year.

Swampdonk- I got that Nikon XL if you want to borrow it for your sheep hunt..Thank again for the scope, should work great.Good huntin'

I used one on a pronghorn hunt in WY and found it to be a nice, clear scope that handled some really strange weather. This time of year, I'd shop around and see what kind of clearance deals you can get, or wait and see what comes out at SHOT next week. I know at least three companies are coming out with mid-range priced spotters. Might be worth it to wait.

www.outwriteoutdoors.com

Default leupold

Hey swampdonkey check your pm

Default Minox

Check out this one. I have Minox binos and like em. The demo price is killer.

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/minox.pl?page=62226