Do you have interest in joining up with a small group of others, to cooperate in camping, hunting, and hauling out a bison together?
Of course only the permit-holder carries a rifle, shoots one, is in charge of the plan, and pays any land-access fees if there are any; I'm not recommending bending any rules here.
I'd love to go on this hunt next year, but I will likely be dead before I draw it (sing the "Some year, under the rainbow..." Dorothy song here), and I'm in good health. I'd like to go on someone's else's bison hunt (though admittedly, I'd rather have the permit myself... )
So, something like:
- only 6 or 8 able bodied people per group; if more than that have interest in this, then more than one group is created
- each person in the group has already entered the bison drawing
- in March, each person in the group announces here if they've won a tag or not
- if no one in your group draws you don't go bison hunting and you're where you're at now...
- if one person in your group draws the permit, you go camping & hunting with them, and you promise to help haul out meat. And between March and the hunt, the permit-holder gets to to know the members of his group. Anyone can back out anytime, no questions asked.
- if two people in a group draw out - yeah, that'd be a fun & easy problem to solve
- there might be some synergy in toys, tools, and needs too. For example I have a good drag, good game cart, strongasheck ATV with winch, rope-a-long, and frame backpack. And if I wouldn't mount the animal but would be interested in a skull and hide; but mostly would want it for the eating. And a good friend of mine would love to make a powderhorn from a horn, I know. Others might have more interest in trophy's than in eating it.
Any interest? If so, what else should be considered?