Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nothing exciting to see here....

Talking Nothing exciting to see here....

Just our first dog of the season. I had walked into this set early this morning and didn't see anything, but it dawned on me later on that I had only seen 4 snares at the set. On the way back I checked it again and there he was, very well hidden. Very large red male...It's always a good day when you have outfoxed a fox! As you can see he was twisted under and over everything he could find and died that way. No posed photo op today!

Thanks for peeking.

"In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Looks maybe like hes break dancing a bit... show off...nice one how are your numbers this year?

LOL Dube, yea, he was a bit twisted up when I got to him. It took a good 5 minutes to get him out of the tangled mess. So far this is my first animal of the year, but we have only been really putting the coals to it a little over two weeks. How are you doing this year? Anything exciting? I know Trapper "John" has some news he should share but he hasn't yet. I'm hoping some of his luck rubs off on me in the cat department this year!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Testing a new spot this year and tomarrow will be the first check BUT when I was scouting it out did find 3 sets of cat tracks in different areas so most of the first sets were cubbies will report on the sucess tomarrrow.

Cool! Good luck to ya!

Very cool Deb! I thought he looked like he was trying out a new break dancing move as well. Happy New Year!!
    Pass it on, take a child hunting, fishing or trapping.

Happy New Year Ted!

He does look odd, it was just the way his legs had froze, one over a tree and the other was tucked up under another dead fall......I'm telling this guy was tangled!

Still waiting for the day to troll along with you. Hubby will be home on the 11th if you guys would like to get together.

Hi jack for a minute. Checked line today only got about 3 miles from truck and the river I trap on was wide open on alot of corners so I think ill wait a bit. Sorry for the hi jacking. An attempted back spin maybe..

Default Congrats

Huntress, congrats on a good looking fox. I still havnt got one this year. Happy New Year! Hillbilly

Dube, not a problem! You didn't just "gun it"? lol....

Quote Originally Posted by akdube View Post
    Hi jack for a minute. Checked line today only got about 3 miles from truck and the river I trap on was wide open on alot of corners so I think ill wait a bit. Sorry for the hi jacking. An attempted back spin maybe..

Thanks Hillbilly! You may not have a fox but I have yet to catch a cat! Happy New year everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by H_I_L_L_B_I_L_L_Y View Post
    Huntress, congrats on a good looking fox. I still havnt got one this year. Happy New Year! Hillbilly

Default Fox #2

Fox #2 on my second check since hubby left. The running joke once again, we need to leave him on the slope and I'll do the trapping..we don't catch much when he's home!

Ain't this the S!!T I bust my butt setting this site and nothing for a week then it's time for work and in two checks she comes up with two fox. Guess I'll stay here and let her catch all the winter fur. Then she can SKIN them too.

I am so sorry dear, but you know I love you anyhow!....I'd say we make a pretty good team, when your gone the animals come out to play!

Hey, we could always change your name to Alaskan-"Setter"? hehe....

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
    I am so sorry dear, but you know I love you anyhow!....

Hey, we could always change your name to Alaskan-"Setter"? hehe....

remind me to tell you the joke about jewish forplay....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    remind me to tell you the joke about jewish forplay....
    .....Vince...
    -Who taught you how to spell??!-lol-
    -just kidding you-

-Anyway............

:Huntress- those are some beautiful fox!
    -Congrats to you!!......

Thanks Sheephuntress! Here's a beautiful girl I came home with today. Hubby was actually with me on this check (hes holding her up), but he stayed back at the sled while I walked in 200 yards to check this set. Our taxidermist is loving us this year, this one is getting mounted!

Very NICE Huntress!! Been over 25 years and several doz fox and I am STILL waiting for a silver. Good job!!

Steve same here! Hubby says its been 25-30 years and never caught one.

Huntress, how do you like your bearcat? I'm assuming thats what it is...what year?

BTW, I've been wondering how the taxi work on the porkie is coming. I'd definitely like to see the finished product...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast