Thread: wolf

Default wolf

anyone have any insight where good place to go after wolves in the kenai mountains or anywhere else that has a public use cabin?

I stayed in the Emma Lake public use cabin while out small game hunting towards the end of September and some sheep hunters who had stayed there reported taking a large black she-wolf on their way up the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles-C View Post
    I stayed in the Emma Lake public use cabin while out small game hunting towards the end of September and some sheep hunters who had stayed there reported taking a large black she-wolf on their way up the mountains.

I think that was my ex-wife, and I now owe the bounty fee.

Default kenai wolf mange

I would talk to f&G about the wolfs on the Kenai, rummors have it that the packs have mange . I don't know for sure so don't take this as hard fact, also rummor also has it that mange can be contracted by humans with direct contact. If you find out for sure would you post it here? Thanks Tom

Default KP wolves

My buddy shot a really nice wolf a few days ago down here on the KP he called it in with an ecaller and got it on video Im hoping he posts the vid soon pretty awesome footage. The Taxidermist told us the wolves down here get lice and by mid January the hides are pretty bad but if you get one before then they are still workable. The one my buddy got looks great.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by geoff156 View Post
    My buddy shot a really nice wolf a few days ago down here on the KP he called it in with an ecaller and got it on video Im hoping he posts the vid soon pretty awesome footage. The Taxidermist told us the wolves down here get lice and by mid January the hides are pretty bad but if you get one before then they are still workable. The one my buddy got looks great.
    those lice are now all the way north of Denali now up into 20A and B
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here