Thread: better to be lucky

Thumbs up better to be lucky

than good. A friend just gave me 15lbs of Unique and Bullseye powder and a brick of pistol primers. Doesn't reload for pistols, has no desire to and didn't want the stuff. Am I lucky or what?
    If you like getting kicked by a mule...then you'll "love" shooting my .458.

Quote Originally Posted by Maydog View Post
    than good. A friend just gave me 15lbs of Unique and Bullseye powder and a brick of pistol primers. Doesn't reload for pistols, has no desire to and didn't want the stuff. Am I lucky or what?
    Sounds like you have a really good friend.

Talking right

Quote Originally Posted by 1Cor15:19 View Post
    Sounds like you have a really good friend.
    Actually, his father-in-law gave it to him, so he's not out much and he owes me...and always will, just for putting up with his crap. BUT, I will keep my weather eye open anyway cause he's also shifty.

Actually, his father-in-law gave it to him, so he's not out much and he owes me...and always will, just for putting up with his crap. BUT, I will keep my weather eye open anyway cause he's also shifty.
    What makes that funny to me is that I know someone just like that....and it sounds like looking that gift horse in the mouth is a smart thing.

Congrats anyway...good score.

Doc

You need to buy a lotto ticket today!

Talking I hear ya

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    You need to buy a lotto ticket today!
    but I heard they sold out. I guess luck only goes so far.

Hi Doc. Could be the same rascal...but then one of us might be UNlucky. A little story might be in order here. Years ago, when we went horseback riding or hunting or just about anything else, he never seemed to bring any money for expenses (a mooch) and I paid and paid and paid. I just figured he just didn't have much, and out of kindness I suppose, I flipped the bill. I also thought he just may not be aware of what he's doing. Well, he left the area for a few years and when he care back and we started doing the outdoors thing again, I just seemed to forget my wallet and then he paid and paid. Finally, he stated over breakfast he was buying, "You're doing the same thing to me, that I did to you" and smiled. I realized that he was very aware of what he did...and he had plenty of money...so I ain't gonna look over my shoulder. Just smile as I reload and shoot.

It's probably old and no good. I'll give you a dollar for the whole lot.

Marshall/Ak
    "I love my country...it's the government I'm scared of"

Lucky or what?? Probably more or what.

I have come to find that gun lovers are some of the most generous folk out there!

An elderly gentleman here in town went to the nursing home a short while ago. He called me out of the blue and told me that he had a couple of tubs of reloading stuff that he couldn't take with him and asked if I wanted it. Of course I did! There was a whole bunch of fresh loaded 270 ammo and I shoot a 270. However there was more than than I can shoot so mauserboy is gonna help me shoot it up. There were 600 Hornady 6mm 70 gr spt's and several pounds of H450 powder. Exactly what the Dr. ordered since I 've been killing coyotes with those Hornadys 70's in my 243 forever......I am thankful.

Another incident; A few months ago a good friend gave me a Encore in 375 winchester. Deer season was fast approaching and I couldn't find any brass for it anywhere. I made a post concerning the brass on this forum and two regulars on here sent me some components out of the goodness of their hearts and made killing a deer with the Encore happen. Thanks wholden and e45colt..

Yeah, of the lucky or what...I'd for sure have to lean heavy on the or what!

Excellent score! What are you loading?

Talking

Snyd;647233]Excellent score! What are you loading?

At the present time, I'm loading for a couple of S&W 40 calne is a CZ and the other is a Smith. I don't think I could shoot that much up in two lifetimes. I still have a couple cans of each prior to recieving the 15 lbs. I just picked up a couple thousand bullets and 3500 cases, so I'll sure try to make a dent in it.
    EKC: I agree that handloaders can be charitable from time to time and I just might pass some of this along. Thinking more about this subject of "charitable", this same friend that just gave me the powder, etc, is about as lucky as it gets on the receiving end. He was given a gold engraved, Browning O/U, two very expensive custom made saddles, 94 Win 30-30, a Floubear 22 rifle, a 42 7/8 " wide 7x8 muley rack (which he gave to me), just to mention a few. My theory is that he's so obnoxious, they give him "stuff" just to get him to leave their presence. BUT understand, I'm not complaining, really.

Default Elmerkeithclone,

It was good of you to pay it forward, so I'm going to do the same. I have 2 sets of dies for sale on the forum, one a Lee set in 41 magnum and one in 9mm Luger, also Lee carbide dies. If someone out there needs either one of these, then give me a call at 245-0848 or send me a PM and they're yours. Now, if you can easily afford a set yourself, maybe you could let someone who might not be so flush or is in the military have them. Thanks