Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Crecent Lake, Kenai Peninsula

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    AK
    Posts
    197

    Default Crecent Lake, Kenai Peninsula

    Anyone ever ice fished Crecent? If so, how was it? Whats the best way to ride in there? I've fished it in the summer, but I was thinking of planning a trip in january and reserving a cabin there. Any information would be helpful. Thanks

  2. #2
    Member sameyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kenai, Alaska
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Fished it in February last year. Not sure about riding up, I walked in. Drilled 16 holes, one small grayling. Definitly not like the summer.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    1,763

    Default Cresent Lake

    # 1 if you catch a graling through the ice you are great at fishing, very hard to do it, they don't bite worth a dam when the ice goes on at least I could never catch one or any one else I know,
    # 2 come in from Crater lake side you have less problems
    # 3 fish Crater you will do a lot better

  4. #4

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    # 1 if you catch a graling through the ice you are great at fishing, very hard to do it, they don't bite worth a dam when the ice goes on at least I could never catch one or any one else I know,
    # 2 come in from Crater lake side you have less problems
    # 3 fish Crater you will do a lot better
    It is not unusual at all to regularly catch good sized Rainbows in Carter, using chunks of shrimp. Lots of them over 25" but I have not got one over 30".

    Never tried Cresent in winter, for the reason you cite.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5
    Member sayak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central peninsula, between the K-rivers
    Posts
    5,788

    Default Glad you cleared that up 'Res

    I was wonderiing if there was a "Crater Lake" I hadn't heard about.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    AK
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Thanks! That should save me a full day of drilling holes with no fish. I might give Carter Lake a try. Any other good lakes that I can snowmachine too around cooper landing to seward area?

  7. #7
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    It is not unusual at all to regularly catch good sized Rainbows in Carter, using chunks of shrimp. Lots of them over 25" but I have not got one over 30".

    Never tried Cresent in winter, for the reason you cite.
    How hard of a hike would this lake be in the Winter? Is it worth hauling in the auger and gear to fish? I assume there is a trail? Thanks...

    Fish ON!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    421

    Default Grayling

    I haven't ice fished on crescent but I have hiked into fuller lake and caught some grayling with my dad. It's fun to get out and snowshoe and hike into lakes because most people don't don't put that effort into it and you can be rewarded with some great fishing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •