Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Proud Dad

Default Another Proud Dad

My 11 year old daughter Sydney has worked her butt off this year trying to get a caribou. We have walked many miles, most of them in the snow trying to fill her tags. She has been a real trooper, putting in long hard days and never complaining. So today, we drove to Paxon and unloaded the snow machine and drove the 10 miles into the 1st subsistence unit. We saw hundreds of caribou and several moose on our drive in, and several more hunderd inside the Federal unit. Our tags are for bulls only so we had to be sure of our target before shooting. Her first bull has very small antlers, much like a cow, but I could see the penis sheath and told her which one to shoot. It was about a 100 yard shot and she hit it perfectly with a double lung shot. She was so pumped up, it was fun to watch as she finally reached her goal of shooting a caribou. We gutted it and put it into the sled and returned back to where she had shot from to pick up her brass.We were watching 4 other caribou and they were coming our way. So we just waited patiently and they ended up walking 175 yards away, 180 degrees from where she had shot her 1st one. She found it in her scope and made the 2nd great shot of the day. The caribou went straight down and she did the old "Yes!" fist pump celebration. We took care of that one and loaded it up. I got to ride back to Delta with a very happy and proud little girl, and she rode back with a very proud father, whether she knew it or not. WAY TO GO SYDNEY!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default pic of my sons

My 13 year old son shot one last week just a couple hundred yards from where Sydney shot hers. Great Job Brayden.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up new hunters

I never tire of seeing the look on faces of new hunters - especially newly successful ones. Thanks for the story and pictures, you proud papa, you.

Congratulations!!! Always wonderful to see parents getting their kids excited about hunting. Looks like the kids had a good guide...putting them on multiple shot/kills close together.

Much agreed! Nice story/pics. Congrats to the young ones! I am a father of 5 and I think I waited too long to introduce this spectacular sport. My son 11 and daughter 10 so far are the only two interested. My 14 year old (oldest) has little desire and thats ok.

Anyway, great job!

Default Congrats!

Looks like you have good reasons to be proud!
    I am curious, what kind of guns and what calibers did your Lil hunters shoot their animals with anyway?
    I remember my daughter wearing pink glasses for a spell also !

Thumbs up

Congrats, To all three of you. Nothing beats hearing a kid have a sucessful hunt. I have a way's to go before my little girl is old enough. Can't Wait!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Very nice

Nice job.Sure nice to see kids wanting to hunt.Very nice to see a young lady wanting to hunt.My wife hunts alot with my.I just hope my little girl will to.

Charles

Default know the feeling

You feel like your chest is going to explode and it's better than getting one yourself. Tell her congrats from all of the members here.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

way to go Goaty!!!! way to GO!!!! well done indeed
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Calibers

Thanks a lot guys for your comments.
    My daughter uses a Weatherby Vanguard in .243
    My son bumped up to my Tikka M3 Mt. lite in .308.
    He killed his first moose at age 9 with that .243, then another one at age 11 with the same gun. This was his 3rd caribou.

Nice job Scott!! I have to get my boys up there! Bradley got a new rifle even so I am sure he will be chomping at the bit. Too bad it seems we have something going on EVERY weekend. Shoot for next I guess, have to go to Fairbanks this weekend. Thanks again Scott and congrats to both your kids!!

Default Goaty

Better check that 243 out, it may be mis-marked? According to many posts on here you can't possibly kill a moose size critter with anything less than a gun shooting ammo the size of Cuban cigars!
    How do you like the Tikka? A friend of mine said he really liked his and prasied how smooth it was?

Nicely done!

Great to see the kids out in the field.

Thumbs up Hello Sydney...

Hello Sydney,

Congratulations to you for your first two caribou!

After looking at the pictures, it appears you walked a long way and worked very hard in cold, wintertime conditions. And it appears your shooting was excellent.

It was also nice of you to allow your father along for your hunt. I'll bet he is a really good hunter-trainer and that you can learn a lot of hunting stuff from him.

Congratulations again,

Dennis

Nicely done, Sydney and Brayden! Looks like you two have gotten a great start as hunters! I hope you enjoy many fine dinners of the meat that you provided for your family. Awesome!

Jobs well done - Congratulations to the shooters and the fathers making it happen!

Great job Sydney, Brayden, and Goaty!

Default Fatherhood

Goaty,
    Thanks for the post and pics and congratulations to you and your children. Not enough father's spend quality time with their children in the great outdoors. Thanks for being a dad who values his children and their success!

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    I never tire of seeing the look on faces of new hunters - especially newly successful ones. Thanks for the story and pictures, you proud papa, you.
    x2!!

Good goin', Dad!!

BTW, does your boy have some sort of BDC reticle in that scope? Doesn't appear to have turrets....just curious.

A+ Recruitment--thats what its all about!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast