Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on Draw /Permit Fees...

Default Question on Draw /Permit Fees...

I hope someone can answer my question.

If I were to get lucky and draw a sheep, goat, or moose permit through the draw, does the credit card get charged immediately or do I get a voucher that allows me to purchase the permit once I arrive to alaska for the hunt? I guess the question is, When one draws a permit, when does that person pay for the permit? When drawn via credit card, or whenever so long as it is before the hunt?

Thanks in Advance. If there is a place to read on this I would appreciate it, as I cant find anything.

Thanks Again.

You still pay ( the $5 or $10) ...whether you get drawn or not, its a fee everyone pays as far as I know.....

Default credit card

For resident drawing permit, my credit card was charged immediately for each of the drawing permits i submitted for, regardless of my success in the respective drawing. I submited for about 4 different drawing permits, so my total cost was about $50, (costs depends on the species you submit for).

For non-resident drawings, I am not sure how that works. I will research this later tonight, and if I find something more, I will update my post.

I understand the fees for the draw, but if one is drawn, does your credit card get charged for the permit at that time, or do you pay for the permit when you go up to hunt?

Thanks

Default permits vs. tags

If you draw a permit, you must purchase the appropriate non-resident locking tag prior to being able to hunt. You get the permit in the mail, but buying the locking tag is up to you. Locking tags are available from license vendors or over the internet. Having a drawing permit is not required to purchase any locking tag since not all areas require a drawing permit.

So if I understand this right...
    Drawing Permit fees $5 or $10 dollars depending on species-charged at application submission

Lets assume I draw a sheep permit as a NR.

I am understanding that I will not be charged at the time of a successful draw, only when I purchase my locking tag which will cost me $425 as a NR.

Is this right? Thanks Again

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by RBAK View Post
    Drawing Permit fees $5 or $10 dollars depending on species-charged at application submission

I am understanding that I will not be charged at the time of a successful draw, only when I purchase my locking tag which will cost me $425 as a NR.

dont forget your non resmhunting license... cost up front to apply..

but thats correct you purchase your locking tags prior to hunting,,,
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

That's almost it. You also will need to factor in the $100 payment to your local forum admin for information gathered here.

Good luck in the draw! That is assuming you didn't put in for the same hunts that I applied for. If you did, and if it comes down to one last permit, I wish you the worst.

Default ADFG will take your money.

You can even buy that locking tag if you don't draw. Of course its not valid unless you have the drawing permit and NR license, but they'll still take your money.

Alaska is not like the drawing systems in most other states where you have to front the tag money in the form of an interest free loan in case you win a tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    That's almost it. You also will need to factor in the $100 payment to your local forum admin for information gathered here.
    Are you kidding? I put that $100 cash in with application when I mail it in

OK Thanks for all your help

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post

Hmmm seems we just had a similar conversations last year... if i recall you it correctly... i expect you'll end up with similar results...

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=42435 Brian also said small, unmarked bills under the tree. I just looked, and there are no Washingtons, Lincolns, Jacksons, or Franklins.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Don't forget the $4,000 for the guide is you draw a Non res sheep
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

So, uh... When do the results come out?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Trappnguns View Post
    So, uh... When do the results come out?
    July 15th

meet on face book here

Default Really?

Only $4,000 for guided non-res sheep hunt? Just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post

Not funny Vince!

Try $12K
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by mallardman View Post
    Not funny Vince!
    the look on your internet face when you read it sure was

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by .300wby View Post
    Only $4,000 for guided non-res sheep hunt? Just curious.
    Depends on who you know
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast