Thread: Browning Buckmark

Default Browning Buckmark

Picked up the wife a Buckmark for Christmas. I'd like to throw down a picatinny rail and a quick release red-dot scope. Something up to 40-50 yards, carried for small game etc while being out on foot.

Anyone else done similar?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default yes

Yes and then i sold the gun. But I have the buckmark rail. Want it for $15 in Wasilla?
    The buckmark I had didn't function as well as I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Picked up the wife a Buckmark for Christmas. I'd like to throw down a picatinny rail and a quick release red-dot scope. Something up to 40-50 yards, carried for small game etc while being out on foot.

Anyone else done similar?
    I used mine with the factory adjustable iron sights and didn't have a problem with grouse, rabbit or ptarmigan out to to 30yds. I find that when I put a scope on a pistol, I tend not to carry it as much because it's just not as handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Nut View Post
    I used mine with the factory adjustable iron sights and didn't have a problem with grouse, rabbit or ptarmigan out to to 30yds. I find that when I put a scope on a pistol, I tend not to carry it as much because it's just not as handy.
    Thats why I was shootin for quick release I too wouldnt want to carry a scoped .22 among, purely not protection and for small game only.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

The rail replaces the rear sight and top strap (?). Removing your scope would not let you use a rear sight. I could not find any ammo accurate enough in my buckmark to warrant a scope. Easy to hit cans and such but not grouse heads.

Interesting info here. The rail does remove your rear site but I did see a pic of one that had a milled out spot to mount the sights along with the scope. Don't remember where though. As for accuracy I have always read that they were very accurate but the one I had could never get better than 3-4" groups off a bench at 25yds. Tried quite a few differient 22 loads but no luck. Anybody have better accuracy than that? Just curious if I had a lemon or thats all they do.

You know how it goes...its for the wife so it has to be fun for her to shoot. Same as the Compact .243 I just got "her"

I have found that mine likes the cheap stuff. I buy the Federal 550rnd boxes and it shoots great. They don't like to be dirty though. After 200-300 rounds it starts having cycling problems. A quick douse with brake kleen and it is back in shape.

As for accuracy.... I have easily picked off M&M's from 15-18 yds consistently. (what we do after we have bagged a moose and are stuck in camp) From a bench at 20 yds I have put 10 rnds in a 1/2" group... I find my limitations are more restrictive than the gun.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I have one that uses a mount that replaces the right side grip and mounts the scope or red dot high enough to still use the iron sights. With run of the mill ammo, it is good enough to make head shots at 15/20 yds. I like it but I like my scoped MKI Ruger better.

this is my browning buckmark micro, and (in my opinion) is one of the finest woodsmans pistols currently made. in the past i have shot colt woodsman, high standard, and s&w's but this is a favorite.

it will shoot better that i can hold and has accounted for grouse, squirrels, as well as some larger stuff. it makes a dandy coyote gun, and is "pointy".

i usually carry it in this military shoulder holster and it is out of the way, but handy.

i have tried scoping these small pistols, but like diesel nut, found them unwieldy to use.

cleaning only requires some light oil on the rails from time to time, and mine NEVER jams.
    happy trails.
    jh