Thread: Fishing License Reminder

Default Fishing License Reminder

just a reminder 2009 is about over and 2010 is right around the corner. if you plan on doing some ice fishing this weekend you better make sure you have a 2010 license! a lot of people get tickets this weekend for not having a valid fishing license.

to add a funny to this, went to walmart the other day... asked about fishing licenses... the guy said they werent going to get them in until spring....
    say what?

Good point. TKS for the reminder.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

This is one of the few times its good to be an old guy - PERMANENT LICENSE!!!!! But thanks for the reminder, we still need a harvest card.....just like a 10 yr old.

Quite a few years ago, we were ice fishing during the first week of January, IIRC it was on Engineer lake, and here comes a helicopter. It circled and then landed on the lake near us. Out jumps 2 F&W troopers who come over and check licenses. They seemed rather disappointed when we produced current licenses all around so they went back to their helicopter kicking rocks along the way and off they went. Such a brilliant use of state resources that was. Not sure if they do that kind of stuff anymore, but it wouldn't surprise me to be sitting on some remote snowmachine access spot and have the troopers show up this weekend to try and nail folks who didn't get their new license yet.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    Not sure if they do that kind of stuff anymore,
    yes they do, they came down on us at figure 8 lake last year and did the same thing.

That's their job. Why wouldn't they do it?
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

thanks Gus.... got the "P" license didn't know about the harvest ticket. hahahaha -"senior moment"

IfI recall correctly the only fish you have to list are Kings and steelhead but check the regs in the interior as they seem to be different everywhere. Tight lines and I hope you have a good season.

Joat, you really don't like fish cops do you? Just doing there jobs. If they didn't show up, you would say they're never around. More than likely a training run and why not check licenses while they're at it.
    Why is it most every thread lately turns from some simple question, or comment and turns into an argument or ***** session. Must be time for me to take a break from the forum. Later.

Yep, you do need to take a break if my little story of warning made you think I don't like cops. The opposite is true and my post wasn't "beaching" at all. My additional comment about two troopers flying around in a helicopter at a cost to the taxpayers of some $1000 per hour to locations ON the road system was to point out what a blatant waste of money that is. So let's say that the 3 of us didn't have our licenses and they got to write 3 tickets. Do you think that would even put a dent in the operating costs to score those citations? Not even close. I'd rather see the guys running the lakes on the road system via land vehicles that cost pennies to operate. We drove there in a pickup truck. So could they. Their "jobs" would be best performed via the right tools for the job.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Let me know the last time you paid state taxes. The reminder from Preed was to make sure you buy a 2010 license, thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by jtm9 View Post
    Let me know the last time you paid state taxes.
    About 5 days ago when I paid for my 2010 licenses.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by preed View Post
    just a reminder 2009 is about over and 2010 is right around the corner. if you plan on doing some ice fishing this weekend you better make sure you have a 2010 license! a lot of people get tickets this weekend for not having a valid fishing license.

to add a funny to this, went to walmart the other day... asked about fishing licenses... the guy said they werent going to get them in until spring....
    say what?
    Thanks for the reminder. You can also buy a fishing license online:

http://www.admin.adfg.state.ak.us/license/