Thread: sheep partner

Default sheep partner

Looking for a sheep hunting partner Aug 10-18 flying in to the eastern Brooks will be expensive but will be a great hunt if interested give me a shout Tim 7408918626

Have you already booked with your air taxi? Word is that most of the operators up there are already booked for the entire 2010 season certainly for the opening.

Default air taxi

Yes I am booked

Think everyone is waiting for draw results to come out. Is there air transporters that fly on the North side willing to take "solo" hunters out and drop them off ?? that would be cool if they did.

Default draw results

Ya......I'm waiting for draw results. I've got my wife and I together for a few units and if I'm fortunate enough I'd like to be hunting with her over anybody else.

If not.....we'll it's time for a mad scramble to see where I need to point my boots.

I've been looking at some rock in the E. Brooks too. I was wondering who flies out there, ect.......

Are you flying from Fairbanks? Driving from FBKS to Bettles? What kind of aircraft do you got reserved/booked? Costs?

I'll bite.

Feel free to PM me.

Waiting for results too but know where im going if I dont draw, not sure who is coming with me yet though. I didnt make res until March last year and still got out on the opener.

Default What about me?

I had no luck getting to go with anyone last year so i'll re-post my sheep hunting personal-

"Looking to hunt sheep. For those who may not know my steller physique, I usually don't need too much training (for the uninitiated I am 5'9, 260#, and have a pretty fantastic beer gut). I recently started adding a weekly vegtable to my meals (typically a baked potato with all the fixins') that I eat on Sunday with my steak. I also plan on moving from Alaska IPA to Natural Light to conserve caloric intake. I figured these changes will help me out come sheep season barring any catastrophic injury during my nightly sojourns to the Long Branch for a burger, fries, and beer (light beer of course). I figure I am pretty much on the right road but I will let you all know how well I fare. I am willing to hike in at least a mile to find my trophy but I refuse to go further than 3. If you could pack it out for me if we do get one that would be great as well. Someone want to take me?"

Anyway good luck with your sheep hunt and getitng a partner!

Gooch
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    I had no luck getting to go with anyone last year so i'll re-post my sheep hunting personal-

"Looking to hunt sheep. For those who may not know my steller physique, I usually don't need too much training (for the uninitiated I am 5'9, 260#, and have a pretty fantastic beer gut). I recently started adding a weekly vegtable to my meals (typically a baked potato with all the fixins') that I eat on Sunday with my steak. I also plan on moving from Alaska IPA to Natural Light to conserve caloric intake. I figured these changes will help me out come sheep season barring any catastrophic injury during my nightly sojourns to the Long Branch for a burger, fries, and beer (light beer of course). I figure I am pretty much on the right road but I will let you all know how well I fare. I am willing to hike in at least a mile to find my trophy but I refuse to go further than 3. If you could pack it out for me if we do get one that would be great as well. Someone want to take me?"

Anyway good luck with your sheep hunt and getitng a partner!

Gooch
    After I fill my tag...I'll go hunt your sheep for you if you'd like? You can tag along, pay for half the air transport bring a caseor two of beer and all you have to do is wait at the airstrip.