Thread: Jet to Prop Conversion

Default Jet to Prop Conversion

I am in the process of swapping out the jet lower to a prop on my DF140.
    I have a power trans lift to fine tune the height and making the switch back and forth easier.
    The question is: my boat has a jet tunnel and was wondering where the cavatation plate should be? even with the top of the tunnel or will it need to be down even with the bottom of the boat?
    Thanks, John
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Default cavitation plate

I used to have a 20' Wooldridge Sport .... (sigh) and the plate was a few inches above the top of the tunnel for my prop. When the water gets soft, you can adjust the sweet spot pretty easy since there are a number of holes in the transom bracket plate on your outboard. It just requires going out on lots of trials. Once you put on a prop, you won't look back too much ! If you have a water pressure guage, the best spot is usually just before you lose water pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by M Gho View Post
    I used to have a 20' Wooldridge Sport .... (sigh) and the plate was a few inches above the top of the tunnel for my prop. When the water gets soft, you can adjust the sweet spot pretty easy since there are a number of holes in the transom bracket plate on your outboard. It just requires going out on lots of trials. Once you put on a prop, you won't look back too much ! If you have a water pressure guage, the best spot is usually just before you lose water pressure.
    Thanks for the info..!
    I have about 8" of travel in the Power-T lift so adjustment will be ez, I just put the prop lower on today and was doing some measuring... trying to see where I needed to end up.
    I remember your Sport, nice looking set up it was, cant say I recall what you replaced it with?
    Has 130 Honda on it? Sounds like you prefered the prop or spent more time in places the prop made sense?
    I have a Lowrance gauge w/ECU connection, hmmmm, maybe it will give me water pressure, I know it will read engine water temp.
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR