Thread: New 17HMR!

Default New 17HMR!

My awesome parents got me a Marlin 17HMR for Christmas, and I'm loving it for sure. I shot it earlier today for the first time, and bought some stuff for it too. The scope and bipod were gifts as well, but I picked up the stalk guard, the sling, and some more ammo today. It's definetly one of my favorites now! Heres a few pics of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ryans 17 HMR 001.jpg   Ryans 17 HMR 002.jpg  
    Ryan from Wasilla

Default One more

Heres one more picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ryans 17 HMR 003.jpg  
    Ryan from Wasilla

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

sweet lil gun.. congrats.. it should last you a lifetime !!!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Nice! The HMR is one of my favorites and will always have a spot in my gun rack for it. And the Marlins are shooters for sure. They make a good .17 In Fact I just bagged a rabbit a few hours ago with my mine.

Congratulations on a great Christmas present. You will have tons of fun with that rifle. Not to mention learning a lot about shooting too.

That's a very fine rifle you've got there, Ryan. I hope you get many years of satisfying service out of it.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Default target

Thanks for all of the comments guys. Heres another pic of the first couple shots at 100 yards after we got it all sighted in. I was able to get pretty good with it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Target.jpg  
    Ryan from Wasilla

Congrats and welcome to the .17 HMR brotherhood. I just got a bipod for mine. All the guys I work with now have .17s set up the same way.
    Now what ?

Talking Nice

Dude that is is Awesome now you gotta shoot it.
    Early to bed
    Early to Rise
    Fish all day
    Make up lies

Congrats on getting a great gun. One of my first guns over 25 years ago was Marlin 22. I still have that same one today. Like you I was lucky enough to pick up a marlin 17 hmr for Christmas this year. It is sitting right next to my trusty old 22.
    Hopefully in 25 years you can look into your gun cabinet and remember the day you received it, all the trips to the range, and all the hunts you carried it along with you.
    The gift of a firearm is not just an object but an experience that can last for a lifetime.

In you life you may be temped to sell or trade up, don't do it. No gun will replace one given as a gift.

That is so true flyfisher
    Ryan from Wasilla

I have that same gun, but with a stainless barrell and a gray/walnut stock. I love shooting it, it is really accurate. Have fun.

Default That is a fine weapon you'll enjoy it

This Christmas my son bought me a Baraska scope made for the 17HMR,It looks like one of those sniperscopes . can't wait to try it out.
    My Marlin is the 917,with a synthetic stock blued steel . Some day I may opt for a stainless model .
    Good luck with your gun , be safe.

nice weapon,... nice shots,, (easy on your triggerpull) I'm hoping to get my son one for his birthday . so well see.. congradulations

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Default Thanks

Thanks again for all of the nice comments. I just got back from a vacation and Im itchin to get out and shoot it some more, this time, maybe at some bunnies!
    Ryan from Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by AK A's Fan View Post
    Thanks again for all of the nice comments. I just got back from a vacation and Im itchin to get out and shoot it some more, this time, maybe at some bunnies!
    Just make sure you aim at the head! If not, you're liable to lose a lot of meat. That little .17 is a destructive little bullet!

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.