Thread: Leupold removal rings

Default Leupold removal rings

I got a new rifle and will need a base and rings for the scope that I am going to install. Has anyone used Leupold removal rings long enough to know if they retain their accuracy after being taken off the rifle and put back on?

They look like a good idea even if the removable rings do cost a bit more. Shipping the rifle on a hunting trip or even putting it in a gun safe would be much easier. But having to wonder about zero and possibly having to resite in the gun continually certainly would do away with their other benefits.

Any plus or minus to those rings or suggestions of any kind would be appreciate.

Default yes

I had tried their new ones and they didn't work worth a darn. I've been told that they took it off the market. I then switched to Tally quick release rings for my 375 H&H and it holds its' zero perfect. I did have a problem with the screws that were sent with it and I called and talked with the owner of the company and new ones were sent instantly 2nd day air. It will come down to proper mounting and taking the time to do things right. One thing that most don't do it lapping the rings and that can really make the difference.

You might consider the Warne QD series. They're a better design IMO, and priced right too.

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.co...sku=00223200LM

i have the warn rings on my 375 weatherby and they seem to hold there zero very well with a good scope

I have never used the Leupold QD rings, but do not care for the design. If I need QD I use Talley or hunt up an old pair of Kimbers.

Default QD's

I tried a pair of QD's on a Rem 700, 338wm. There isn't any windage adj. on them and the Rem isn't always drilled perfect ( leup. rep. told me that) and couldn't use them . Then tried a pair of Warne mounts on my 375 H&H brn. A-bolt. Thought that the rings wern't holding as the bullet strike kept moving, so I went to Leupold fixed mounts. Soo then I found that the Burris scope was no good. After a very bad experience with the burris people I now have a Leupold 3x9 W/fixed mounts and have lived happily ever after. The Rem I put fire sights on and like that set up for the thick woods on the Kenai.

I have Warne QDs on a Contender .223/ Marlin 45/70 GG/ and a TC Encore 300 WM. Been pretty happy with how they work and line back up. No experience with the Leupy version.

Default rings

Shot the leupold rings on my 338 for 2 years, then they would not hold a zero. I think I would rather have iron sights than those pieces of crap.

Terry

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I'm sure my experience is rather limited compared to that of many others, but I use Leupold QRWs (The kind with the levers) on two scopes, for the same rifle.

I haven't noticed a problem with Zero.

If the levers are a problem, I understand that the Leupold PRWs, are the same, ceptin you gotta have an allen wrench to take them off and on. ???

I don't care much for the Leupold scopes, or the regular Leupold mounts, but I like the Leupold QRWs.

I like the Weaver QDs too, especially the Quad Locks.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.