Thread: Moving near Soldotna

Default Moving near Soldotna

I was born in Soldotna and was moved out of the state when I was 12 with my family. I'm now grown, and a single mom. I'm contemplating returning to the Kenai Penninsula. I do have some family there, but was wondering on the dynamics of the area since I've left. Or any information that may help me decide if it's even possible for me and my son to make it up there. I sure miss that state....

Default Soldotna

Follow your dreams. Soldotna has grown and offers more opportunities. A new Walmart is being built in Kenai with a Spring opening.

Default Dynamics?

Still fairly conservative. Good folks for the most part and with a small town feel... except in the summer when the locals tend to hide out due to the crowds.

Apart from the nutz on the highways- I certainly like the area. Aesthetically, Homer or Seward are better IMO. And I have no use for Wally-world, which will probably put Trustworthy HW out of business. Still a growth area for the forseeable future... unless the salmon runs become depleted and the oil/NG companies pick up stakes (always a possibility).