Thread: new to riding what should I get?

Question new to riding what should I get?

I've only been one time and I used a m7 153, I'm kinda considering like a 6 or 700 rmk 144 cause I might do some trail riding with my wife and still want to be able to hang in the mountains with my bro-n-laws 800 dragon what do ya'll think? are revs rider friendly or are iq's better or does the m just seem to fit?

They are all good sleds. I usually buy the one that I get the best deal on.

Although I think most people have a preference (mine being Skidoo) Lujon is right that all the new sleds are good sleds. If you can go out with a group with a mix of sleds and try them all, you might find you have a preference for one or the other. As an example, some people say the Arctic Cat has a seat that is too low and that it's tippy. Other people will say it's perfect for doing turns in deep snow and that the low seat allows them to shift their weight more easily from side-to-side. Skidoo is often touted for it's stable platform. I actually don't know anyone that rides a Polaris so I can't say one way or the other what the comments for Polaris are. When we go out in a large group there's a lot of sled swapping going on so people can try the different brands as well as different track lengths to find what they want. You might try that.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    Although I think most people have a preference (mine being Skidoo) Lujon is right that all the new sleds are good sleds. If you can go out with a group with a mix of sleds and try them all, you might find you have a preference for one or the other. As an example, some people say the Arctic Cat has a seat that is too low and that it's tippy. Other people will say it's perfect for doing turns in deep snow and that the low seat allows them to shift their weight more easily from side-to-side. Skidoo is often touted for it's stable platform. I actually don't know anyone that rides a Polaris so I can't say one way or the other what the comments for Polaris are. When we go out in a large group there's a lot of sled swapping going on so people can try the different brands as well as different track lengths to find what they want. You might try that.
    Ignore this post!!!!! every real snowmachiner knows Ski Doo is the first last and only machine!
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Talking best sled

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    Ignore this post!!!!! every real snowmachiner knows Ski Doo is the first last and only machine!
    At least one member here believes the best sled to get is to buy a diamond in the rough from Rick P !

Now thats a good one!
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

my wife and i got '10 rmk 600's, 144's and they are a joy to ride. They feel really well balanced and ride smooth. My friends have rode them and were really impressed with how easy they feel to steer and shift your weight on. The seat is fairly high which gives you a high center of gravity so leaning is very easy can be kind of tippy though. Great power all around a nice machine and rides great on trails or powder.