Thread: Has any one ever seen in ak?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default Has any one ever seen in ak?

A Fisher, Or a Raccoon?

i ask this to various group periodically just to see. My dads swears up and down that once he spotted a coon at the Vet memorial on the parks highway, and both are in the regulation books. so as i sat watching wild America the other morning, i once again wondered. i have never seen either. how about you?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Though I personally have never seen fisher in AK I know of some who have caught them . They periodically show up in SE.
    As a joke one year I mentioned to our local BIo that I had picked up a few raccoon at the local dump after pulling his eyes back into their sockets and thinking about it and knowing me he asked if I was BSing and I fessed up. He went on to tell me that at one time there were some released on Kodiak and people worked real hard to get rid of them as they were surviving and coon are known to play hell on bird eggs on the ground.
    Check this thread out for more info on the fisher
    http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbt...ml#Post1671650
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

Raccoons on Kodiak Island. I'am thinking they were family pets that got loose.

AGL as I understand it someone brought them in and turned them loose so possibly pets just know that's what the guys said
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

Default Coons on Kodiak

I believe Guide Munsey had some at one time.

Yeah, you guys are right. Munsey or someone associated with them released some in Uyak Bay. They saw a few for a few years but has been no sign for decades now.

Default Martin on a bait

I watched a martin last spring while I was sitting on a bear bait over by Tyonek, he would go in the barrel and bring out a hamburger bun and run away with it and then return in about a minute and grab another one, I watched him for about an hour.
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Default Raccoons in Sitka

There were some on Japonski Island when I lived in Sitka during the 70s.