Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Explain It To Me Real Slow And Real Loud

Default Explain It To Me Real Slow And Real Loud

So that I'll be sure to undestand. Why is it OK for a pro-gun website, that I asume is pro-second ammendment, to request its members to remove all political avatars and personal quotes. I personaly value my right of free speech almost as much as my right to bear arms. Lets take it one step further and issue all members a number instead of a their chosen name, so that the thin-skinned among us are not ofended. I know that this site is privately owned, and that the owner can do pretty much as they choose.......Am I missing something?

When you own something you still have the right to refuse service.Everyone has a chance in America to start their own forum that makes it mandatory that members have a political avatar and saying.We also have freedom of choice of what forums we use. Its basicly like saying a person can or can not smoke in your house

For what it's worth. The real people that run America are the lawyers. You should know that the majority that run this country have figured out away to hold the owners of these web sites liable for the content of what ever one posts on these sites.

IF IT DIFFERS FROM THERE MAIN GOAL OF SPREADING A FACIEST AGENDA, THEY MAY WELL PUT THE QUESTION IN FRONT OF A TORT ACTION.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

If left unchecked, soon some of the political rhetoric will overrun the true topic of the website, gun enthusiasm. Some would use their lack of discretion and destroy a reasonably civil web site. Consider it a compromise in order to serve the interests of the majority of the people that use the site. If someone wants to draw attention to some sort of radical cause, which is obviously subjective as one mans freedon fighter is another mans terrorist, they should go to web site that is intended for that. I'd rather go to an anti gun site and post political rhetoric there until they address it and get their dander up rather than cause it here where I like to relax and enjoy sharing our common bond, guns, shooting skills and the history that comes from gun ownership and production with all these decent people. I might log on to an anti site and post something pro gun with a handle that I know will raise their blood pressure. Kinda sounds like fun. My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Armymark View Post
    If left unchecked, soon some of the political rhetoric will overrun the true topic of the website, gun enthusiasm. Some would use their lack of discretion and destroy a reasonably civil web site. Consider it a compromise in order to serve the interests of the majority of the people that use the site. If someone wants to draw attention to some sort of radical cause, which is obviously subjective as one mans freedon fighter is another mans terrorist, they should go to web site that is intended for that. I'd rather go to an anti gun site and post political rhetoric there until they address it and get their dander up rather than cause it here where I like to relax and enjoy sharing our common bond, guns, shooting skills and the history that comes from gun ownership and production with all these decent people. I might log on to an anti site and post something pro gun with a handle that I know will raise their blood pressure. Kinda sounds like fun. My 2 cents.
    It was worth more than 2 cents Armymark! Very well put and I couldn't agree more!

I would bet that most on here are probably in agreement with the original posters political view...the birds of a feather thing....however for me I go to the political forms and the more names I get called for taking my stand on their forum the better! This forum however is one of the classiest I have ever contributed to and I aim to keep it that way and so do the moderators.

Not much to add to Armymark and EKC.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Explain It To Me Real Slow And Real Loud

WHAT DOES A picture of Nancy P getting kicked in the nuts in a sig line have to do with the 2A? if to many find the constant in their face offensive.

it does not need to be there...

Though i popped in and out of the P&R, there were often things that did not fit my taste so i steered away from it.. as was my choice.. however the sig line appeared IN every post that person made across the forum, and many appeared to be anti gov rather then political statements.. and i think the owner/operators of the site have a say in the images displayed in open accessible forums and threads...

the 2A thread is still there along with the rest of them... issues revolving around 2A, game and fish are still open for discussion, according to the threads on this subject in the GD... DID you check them out, before your question?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    Not much to add to Armymark and EKC.
    I fully agree, and the points they made are some of the main reasons that I only participate in this forum community. However, cranking-up an anti-hunting website has some appeal...it's a long winter up here.

Doc

Default So, what did I miss?

What exactly are we referring to here? I post things on the 2nd Amendment subforum and it gets a little dicey and obtrusive at times, but I haven't had to tone it down? Couldn't even if i wanted to. I asm very pro-gun and 2nd Amendment.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by mauserboy View Post
    What exactly are we referring to here? I post things on the 2nd Amendment subforum and it gets a little dicey and obtrusive at times, but I haven't had to tone it down? Couldn't even if i wanted to. I asm very pro-gun and 2nd Amendment.

this announcement at the top of each forum

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/....php?f=5&a=141
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

So I can’t have my little catch line (that I have had for over a year) about Obama being problem for gun owners and shooters in the shooting forum.

The thing said to “personalize” it when I put it up and now I am to de-personalize it? Why even have signature lines then?
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Default Remember

Remember that this "supersite" also include hiking, canoing, bird watching, and lot of upscale yuppie stuff that attract the liberal elite.

I've got in a number of dicussions with others over hot topics like entitlements, my house being bigger than I needed (a reference to algore's place ended that discussion promptly), wealth sharing etc. that run contrary to the opinions what those on the shooting forums.

Some of these left thinking individuals are also helping to tun the site so don't be surprised if you get some negative feedback when you steps on the toes of their beloved heros like algore, nancy p., finstein, jane fonda, czarist harry etc.

Overall it is a fun site and I've only been threaten to be kicked off two or three times - not bad for someone with my lack of political correctness and lack of tact.

ENJOY but know who you are dealing with! They do own the place you know.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Default This is a step

in the wrong direction. Has anyone complained or is this a step towards political correctness? I'd like to know. If someone makes a personal statement, does it have to be warm and fuzzy? This is a gun forum for Lord's sake. Obviously full of independent thinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by mauserboy View Post
    in the wrong direction. Has anyone complained or is this a step towards political correctness? I'd like to know. If someone makes a personal statement, does it have to be warm and fuzzy? This is a gun forum for Lord's sake. Obviously full of independent thinkers.
    and this GUN FORUM like the P&R forum are directly attached to 30+ other forums. this is but one closet of the house. what you say in the gun forum stays in the gun forum for the most part.. the Sig lines went with you to every other forum on the site..it all relates directly to the P&R closing and the image the owner wishes to portray.. pull out of the GUN forum for a moment and scroll down the main page to the GD and read BOTH threads relating to this as answered by mods and owners alike rather then start another argument some where else...

meet on face book here

Nancy P's got nuts?

That Obama statement is not offensive to me in the least ADfields nor has anything Mauserboy ever said offended me in the least. However its obvious that someone got offended by something. Lots of fickle folk running around out there that aren't about to take the high road. So lets just go to their forum when we need to let off steam....their the ones that need to hear it anyway.

The moderators are just asking us to take the high road on this forum...so lets just argue about bear guns & the 2nd amendment!

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    Remember that this "supersite" also include hiking, canoing, bird watching, and lot of upscale yuppie stuff that attract the liberal elite.

I've got in a number of dicussions with others over hot topics like entitlements, my house being bigger than I needed (a reference to algore's place ended that discussion promptly), wealth sharing etc. that run contrary to the opinions what those on the shooting forums.

Some of these left thinking individuals are also helping to tun the site so don't be surprised if you get some negative feedback when you steps on the toes of their beloved heros like algore, nancy p., finstein, jane fonda, czarist harry etc.

Overall it is a fun site and I've only been threaten to be kicked off two or three times - not bad for someone with my lack of political correctness and lack of tact.

ENJOY but know who you are dealing with! They do own the place you know.
    it is interesting you make that comment troy... I can and have been extremely outspoken on many issues... yet have never been threatened by any action..or told i would be kicked off the site..crap look at my post count....there have been enough opportunities for it.. yes i have had post pulled due to tactless nature of the moment, nor have i read any of your i spotted at blatantly obtuse in nature..

I am glad some is mellowing down. as it should be.. we dont have to like the person in office.. but we should still respect those offices as they are intended to be.

obviously... the managment seen it a problem.. i think many more agree then disagree....
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=70264

and the one by Admin....

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=70298

these two threads have all the discussion and information needed.

meet on face book here

Default I often think

of some of the forums as the old country store with the pot-bellied stove and a handful of old timers sitting around, chewing the fat. Sometimes the discussions might get a little off center, but, just as less then perfect family members might be tolerated, so too the ones who might speak out, some more than others. I wonder if the store owner ever tells the boys to settle down or go home. Hmmm....

Default Oh yeah

and Obama sucks.

They are trying to keep out the political pizzing matches off of the forum. Statements like Obama sucks could ignite a pizzing match even though its true. I have no problem with keeping politics off of the forum. There a plenty of other places i can let people know how he is tearing apart the country.

Default We can do this...

I notice that they left the sticky in place for "2A and gun control issues". I would have a problem if under the heading of "politics" they removed or forbid that topic from our shooting forum community. I sincerely hope that does not happen, as it would require me to reconsider my own membership here.

I suspect that the challenge for participants in that thread (me included) will be to do so without watering down the message and losing the point within a muck of political correctness VS. making important points and giving eachother a heads-up about pending legislation and other threats to our Civil Rights without turning it into a political editorial.

We can do that, although I suspect that each of us will goof it up as we try. When that happens we need to nudge eachother...even the guys around the pot-belly stove roll their eyes or tell someone to give it a rest when ranting...I really liked your metaphor Mauserboy.

Doc

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast