Thread: auger oil

Default auger oil

looking for some Amsoil Saber Professional anyone know where to find it in the fairbanks nopole area?

Dan lemme get ahold of my buddy. A guy he used to work with on FWW sells Amsoil. If he doesnt have the saber would you be interested in ordering some?
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?

Go to amsoil.com and join for 12 months for $20.00. You'll get better preferred pricing delivered to your door for the same 8% increase they charge you locally for shipping.
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

Default Auger oil

I know AMSOIL is a good oil but have you tried some of the other oils of the SYN. type, most snowmachine shops stock in Gal/QT cans or bulk [some do] an it might be easier to get tham AMSOIL

Good point, plus it isn't worth joining amsoil if your only buying a small amount like just for an auger. I use it in several things so for me it was worth it.
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

If you guys can't find the Amsoil products you're looking for let me know. I'm an Amsoil dealer and might help get you pointed in the right direction.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DanAKAL View Post
    If you guys can't find the Amsoil products you're looking for let me know. I'm an Amsoil dealer and might help get you pointed in the right direction.

Dan
    where are you located?...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

I live in Kenai. If you're not in my area I bet that I can find a dealer in your area.

I have a buddy on fww that gets stuff from a amsoil dealer however the guy is in palmer so when one of us runs south we pick stuff up. Have done that time or two in the past.

I havent tried other oil..only the jiffy 24-1 oil. Have been reading up on jiffy problems and have noticed the guys switching from 24-1 to 50-1 or 100-1 are doing much better at starting and over all running. Have also found some stuff on guys using marine 2cycle oil working well in augers...any takers or non takers on this one? This would be better then having to order anything if it works well.

MNT, I would be willing to order enough to try it out and see what I think of it as long as I dont have to order gallons at a time. Right now it's trial and error.

well, Im in wasilla and looking for some as well....anyone got the goods, speak up......and I'll be happy to buy more than just the few ounces that I need for my auger...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

tjm, sent you a PM.

If anyone else needs help with this please just sing out.

FWIW I run a Eskimo Shark 10" auger with Sabre Pro mixed at 50:1.

Dan

There's always Opti2 if you can't find Amsoil.

Drifter where are you finding opti2? I havent had time to try napa yet unfortunatly for the saber. I'm in fairbanks area. Gonna call rods tomorrow. I'm not going to be able to do much till this saturday gotta work the rest of the week.

I get mine in Yellowknife but I'm sure there is a dealer there.
    Use the contact form on the website and ask if there is a dealer close to you.
    That's how I found my local dealer.

http://www.opti2-4.com/

If anyone else needs help with this please just sing out.

Dan, I was looking for some of the same stuff tjm and a few of the others were looking for if theres any local.

Thanks,

Water Wolf, Sent you a PM

3 Bears at 4-corners on the Palmer-Wasilla Hwy has a fair supply of AMSOIL products

The guy that rents U-Haul trailers & trucks just north of Palmer on the Glenn is a Amsoil dealer.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

napa has the saber pro in fairbanks in quarts for 11 bucks. Bought 2 quarts before yall walk in and empty the place Even at 50 to 1, I figure I have enough to do atleast 25 1 gallon mixtures....thats a TON of auger oil Unfortunatly they dont have it in the smaller mixtures canisters.