Thread: ??Summit 600 - XP or older REV chassis??

Default ??Summit 600 - XP or older REV chassis??

I think I have my mind set on a good used summit 600 with SDI or maybe the etec. It's my understanding that the 2008 and newer models are built on the REV XP chassis. My question is how much difference is there in the XP chassis compared to the older REV chassis? Is it so much better that you would not want anything but the XP chassis? Thanks.

If you've never ridden either..you'll never know the difference .

I don't think there is enough difference to justify the money difference between a good used standard Rev chassis and an XP platform sled. In fact, the standard Rev chassis is probably tougher and more durable.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default Rev 600

I have a 600 Summit on the REV chassis and really like it. You will never notice the weight difference between a REV and an XP. My 600 is not SDI, but it is really reliable and is very conservative in terms of gas consumption. Don't pass up a deal on one just because its not SDI or ETEC.

Thanks guys. Your comments make sense and probably confirmed my assumptions.

We have 2 of the 08 Summit 600 SDI's, they are not built on the XP chassis but on the rev platform. I don't like the looks of the XP chassis and have heard too many stories about them breaking or bending too easily though the E-Tec is getting very good reviews. If Ski Doo would have made an SDI Summit in the 800 I would have bought one of them but they only offered them in the 600 and 1000 motors. I can burn a tank of oil for every 3 tanks of gas, with the 800's I run with they are usually out of gas by the time I hit half a tank. I love my SDI Summit 600.

I had a Rev in '04. I couldn't ride it because the seating position hurt an old knee injury. The machine was great, it just didn't fit. Now I ride an XP. The new chassis fits me. It rides and handles much better as far as I'm concerned. I can't imagine ever wanting to go back. My Rev buddies who ride the XP say the same thing. '08 XP 600s were SDI. ETEC started in '09. Both are great motors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pid View Post
    I had a Rev in '04. I couldn't ride it because the seating position hurt an old knee injury. The machine was great, it just didn't fit. Now I ride an XP. The new chassis fits me. It rides and handles much better as far as I'm concerned. I can't imagine ever wanting to go back. My Rev buddies who ride the XP say the same thing. '08 XP 600s were SDI. ETEC started in '09. Both are great motors.
    The Summit 600 was not an XP sled, it was the standard rev platform. I know the other 600's were SDI but the OP was asking about the Summit.

PID, you're runnin' the ETEC, right?

Just got some quick disconnects coming for the sway bar...we'll see how the work.

hunt, yes on the Etec. I'd like to hear what you think of the QDs after you install them. Have you seen the interconnected air shocks that CC has? That looks pretty sweet for the big mountain boys.

Ak hunter 45, my opinion stands even if the 08 Summit was on the Rev platform. The XP platform is better. That was also part of the original question. The difference between SDI and Etec wouldn't concern me. Both are great engines.

Was just clarifying that the 08 Summit 600 HO SDI was on the rev platform, not the XP platform. Glad to hear you like the XP and it works for you.

That and the 1000 were carryover REV's IIRC...

Yes, those were the last 2 to be built on the rev chassis from what I have seen/read.