Thread: Lost chocolate lab sutton?

Default Lost chocolate lab sutton?

We located a lab up jonesville mine trail today. GPS 61 45 7 n*
    148 54 30 w. It is hiding under a spruce tree about 10' back we marked the side of the trail w/ the word dog and an arrow. The pup has an open fracture of the right front lower leg and will probably pass in the next 24 hours if no one rescues it. We would have brought it down but we didn't have a trailer to pit it in.

You have to s ' ing me. You were right there and did not carry that dog out. You said you had no trailer, throw it on your lap and haul it home. You big puss

Quote Originally Posted by 28 GA View Post
    You have to s ' ing me. You were right there and did not carry that dog out. You said you had no trailer, throw it on your lap and haul it home. You big puss
    I am not getting bit trying to carry a dog miles down the mountain on a sled and I am not going to pay for it's vet bills to get it the amputation that it will need. I thought strongly about dispatching it but with a few people still on the trails we decided to let it go in hopes that the owner would find it. I would bet that the dog was caught in a trap that led to the mangled paw so I imagine whoever is trapping up there will find it.

This troubles me.

Bump to top. If anyone can rescue this animal please do. I believe that there is a lab rescue in the valley. I am working 11+ hours a day and cannot get time off due to inventory or I would do it.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I am not getting bit trying to carry a dog miles down the mountain on a sled and I am not going to pay for it's vet bills to get it the amputation that it will need. I thought strongly about dispatching it but with a few people still on the trails we decided to let it go in hopes that the owner would find it. I would bet that the dog was caught in a trap that led to the mangled paw so I imagine whoever is trapping up there will find it.
    well Jon knowing you that was prolly a hard decison to make... I prolly would have put it down. then and there. but that is me, i have looked into to many pets eyes, though i do agree with you unwillingness to foster the pet and the medical bills... i have often wondered WHY people would do that to any animal, when putting them to sleep is so much more human... sorry you went through that... sorry for the dog, and sorry for the person missing it.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Definitely a hard decision. The dogs demeanor was not such that I think anyone would be able to get it down in their lap without drugging it first (very scared and in shock). I don't think it would survive the stress of having a muzzle put on. I probably should have just put it down on the spot but it was on a fairly well used trail and I would be pizzed if someone found my dog and shot it in a similar situation, of course I would be actively looking for it. I sure hope that this pups family is.

Wow..... This is a little troubling...... Nobody was asking you to pay the vet bill. Bringing the dog out would have been the repsonsible (and right) thing to do. Look, I am no bleeding heart, but as a pet owner I feel that I have a responsibility to help a dog in a situation like that, even when its not mine. Now if the dog was combative or aggressive, that would be a diffent story, but I would still attempt to get it out. Also, there are several resure groups that probably would have come and gotten the dog if a phone call was made. Unfortuanlty, if the dog didnt get rescued, I am fairly certain that it is not alive anymore. Too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Wow..... This is a little troubling...... Nobody was asking you to pay the vet bill. Bringing the dog out would have been the repsonsible (and right) thing to do. Look, I am no bleeding heart, but as a pet owner I feel that I have a responsibility to help a dog in a situation like that, even when its not mine. Now if the dog was combative or aggressive, that would be a diffent story, but I would still attempt to get it out. Also, there are several resure groups that probably would have come and gotten the dog if a phone call was made. Unfortuanlty, if the dog didnt get rescued, I am fairly certain that it is not alive anymore. Too bad.

Really?

What a bullsheit statement. You weren't up there so you're seeing this situation thru his POV. I woulda put it down right then and there. He wasnt responsible for a **** thing. He mentions most likely a trapper..ok..so blame the folks who took a dog into a trapped area, unleashed. OR...blame the trapper who traps near a trail where folks bring there unleashed dogs.

Ive got 2 labs at home, just FYI.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Without suggesting anything should have been done differently - it might help to know that especially with dogs (and wolves) if the head is covered so they are in the "dark" they can be handled without problems.
    Joe (Ak)

Woody,

Your statement, and your concern is far from BS!

Joe,

Great idea! And a bootlace or bandana makes a quick and easy muzzle.

Jim

Unhappy

A moment of silence please..............