Thread: Interarms MK X question.

Default Interarms MK X question.

Can any of you mauser experts out there help me out? Does the Mark X in a short action in (this case it's a 243) have a magazine block and a short follower or are they the same long action magazine/follower as an -06?

A widow from my home town 2&1/2 hours away is selling one of these at a very reasonable price. I have never had a MK X in a short action cartridge before but am familiar with feeding issues with some military mausers that have been rebarreled to the 308 length cartridges. My brother who lives there has looked at it and says it's clean. My only hang up is the short cartridge long action issue. Am I worrying for nothing?

The interarms are std length ie 06 length... So it is not a short action, they put the magazine spacer block in to help with feeding... Savage for a long time didn't have a true short action and they used the std length actions for 243,308, 223 all they did was put a magazine spacer block in them... I wouldn't worry I would buy it in a heart beat if the price is right...

Toward their end InterArms did build a Mini Mark X but I don't remember the calibers it came in.

Default Mark X

elmerkeithclone
    Only 2.5 hours away? Where is it located I would drive that for this weapon. Granted all of the Mark X's that I have owned have been 30-06, but they all shot a lot better then I could.

I would sure like a Mini-Mark-X action, for a 6.8 SPC project.

Interarms did make a smaller action from the standard and the long mag action. Many of these were available in .223 Remington. They are highly sot after by many people looking to do a custom. The bolt face and extractor have to be modified for use with a .473 head dia, case.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Default .243 Mk X

I have one in .243 - it has a simple sheet medal block in the magazine box and a short magazine follower. It will be simple to convert to a .30-06 length but you will probably need a new follower.

Mine also has a simple orginal mauser style trigger with a side safety added - it could use a better trigger like were used on many of the other Mk Xs. You might want to check the trigger unless the price is really right.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Thanks guys, you've answered my question. I just don't like mausers chambered for the 308 class cartridges with magazines made for the 06 length cartridges. My experience with military mausers has been that when you stuff the magazine full you have to make sure that the rounds are shoved all the way to the rear of the magazine well and still on occasion they pop out of the feed rails while sliding along the longer follower. The magazine block and short follower corrects this. I just didn't how the Mark X's were set up.

I'm gonna try to buy this 243. The lady is a family friend and said she'd hold until I can get up there next week end!

I have driven more than 2.5 hours for a good pizza... Get in the car!
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com