Thread: Goggle Lens Color

Default Goggle Lens Color

My Scott Voltage X goggles came with a Amp Blue lense and I was looking at picking up some other colors. Anyone have a favorite color for Alaska riding?

I've always liked the amber colored lenses. A good polarized lens is helpful too. I usually keep a clear lens in my backpack if there is a chance I will be coming home in the dark. The amber lens makes night riding quite interesting sometimes! It is waaay to easy to outrun your headlight.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I never found any advantage to colors even though friends swear by them. I always use clear.

Default colored lenses

It's an individual thing. Get a group of people together in the same lighting conditions and you will not get a consensus on what color, if any, is best. I take my goggles off a lot to keep them from fogging (when Iím working up a sweat digging out) and I find the sudden change from color to no color and back rough on my eyes. So, I prefer clear.

Good point about taking the goggles off to dig out. Dig out a beer, that is!

We now have snow and today's SOLSTICE!!!!! Tomorrow the days start getting longer! Here's to a good season of burning 2-stroke oil.

Merry Christmas

Amber/yellow lenses are supposed to help in flat light and I find that to be true. I find red lenses are as good as dark ones when its bright.

I carry different goggles to cover the possibilities. If its just a day ride I carry 1 back up pair (j.i.c.) if I'm on a multi day ride I bring 1 for night, 1 for bright, and 1 for flat

I second Pid's motion!!!