Thread: Anyone in Alaska own one of these yet?

Default Anyone in Alaska own one of these yet?

Anyone up here own a remington 700 in .338 Lapua yet? Sounds like they had some problems with the barrels, but its been sorted out now. Just curious if anyone has one, and how you like it. I think that for the money these rifles look very interesting. I'm happy with the 2 other 700's I own so far.

Jeremiah

No, but I might after january

Man I didn't even realize Remington was making one in 338 lapua yet. That should be an interesting rifle.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Savagstag, Do you have one on order? I know that a lot of people have pre-ordered them all over the country, and remington is working on filling all of the back orders now that they figured out the barrel issue.

Jeremiah

I got mine 700P over a year a go from Great Northern Guns they had it in stock at the time. I love it. It will shoot .5 groups at 200 yd with 250gr SMK or 300 SMK

700P,

Sounds like you didn't get one with a bad barrel then. What bottom metal did yours come with? Is it an HS Precision detachable magazine? Whats your round count? Have you modified it in any way since you bought it? Any plans to modify it later? Whatever info you have on this rifle would be great to hear. I really like the 700's a lot. I actually just got my .223 into a McMillan A-5 to match my .308. I'm thinking that a .338 Lapua would round out my bolt actions well.

Jeremiah

jeremiahak

The magazine that came with it holds 3 rounds, no big plans to modified maybe in time a suppressor install, the stock on it is just a standard HS precision the same one that came on my .308 700p, the only powders I use is RL25, IMI 7828 and IMR 7828ssc and for bullets I have use 250gr SMK, 300gr SMK and Hornady 225gr Interbond all shoot great. Never look down the barrel with a borescope so I don't if it has a bad spot in it or not. See Frank at GNG he can tell you if he has one on order or not.

Thanks for all the info. I'm sure if yours is shooting that well its barrel is fine. The HS Precision stocks are very nice, but I have girly hands so I don't really fit the palm swell on them very well. My .223 was a 700 "Tactical" that came with a Hogue stock that was pretty nice, but I still ended up switching out to a McMillan to match my other rifle.

Anyone else have any experience with one of these? I'm sure that GNG got more than one of them in.

Jeremiah