Thread: Dillingham big game guide found guilty

Default Dillingham big game guide found guilty

local news says big game guide found guilty on the more serious charges but not all charges

Default generator died

as to contiue with my post for my gen died,not so good with the computer.i wanted to say that there are many lessons to learn from this case.one is that no single person owns state land no matter how long they have hunted in any area,also that one should not take the law into his own hands.the need to get the brown shirts back and a few more of them.also that hunter's/guides should have a little more respect in the field toward their fellow hunters for there is a lot of country.i have had out of state hunters who i had guided in the past,come back with friends and tie right up to my boat,climb up the hill to my client and i were we were glassing and ask how it was going,i told them they had alot of b....,and was told back that anyone could hunt there,i reported this to the law and was told they had the right as long as they did not hinder my hunt.i sure wanted to do someting but feared i would end up like this case.i guess what it boils down to is that some should have a little more repect out in the field for their fellow hunters for its is a big country and plenty of room for all.(sorry if this gets posted twice)

Red face gusuk1

Thanks for keeping us posted.bill.

Quote Originally Posted by gusuk1 View Post
    as to contiue with my post for my gen died,not so good with the computer.i wanted to say that there are many lessons to learn from this case.one is that no single person owns state land no matter how long they have hunted in any area,also that one should not take the law into his own hands.the need to get the brown shirts back and a few more of them.also that hunter's/guides should have a little more respect in the field toward their fellow hunters for there is a lot of country.i have had out of state hunters who i had guided in the past,come back with friends and tie right up to my boat,climb up the hill to my client and i were we were glassing and ask how it was going,i told them they had alot of b....,and was told back that anyone could hunt there,i reported this to the law and was told they had the right as long as they did not hinder my hunt.i sure wanted to do someting but feared i would end up like this case.i guess what it boils down to is that some should have a little more repect out in the field for their fellow hunters for its is a big country and plenty of room for all.(sorry if this gets posted twice)
    I dont know but do you know anybody involed in this case?You seem pretty involed in it, but i dont know if you am,do you do know someone who was there?If not i dont think you should bash guides like you do...
    You dont know Byron

Default No bashing and yes do know parties involved

Quote Originally Posted by svehunter View Post
    I dont know but do you know anybody involed in this case?You seem pretty involed in it, but i dont know if you am,do you do know someone who was there?If not i dont think you should bash guides like you do...
    You dont know Byron
    don't see were i am bashing anyone,if you read what i said its hunters and guides that need to learn how to respect each other in the field and that no one person can lay claim to state land.i could go on with few personal experiences with those involed but will lay it to rest.

Of course guides must respect hunters and vice versa,but sometimes its maybe the hunter who dont respect the guide

Quote Originally Posted by svehunter View Post
    Of course guides must respect hunters and vice versa,but sometimes its maybe the hunter who dont respect the guide
    are you saying what he did was ok with you?

Svehunter,

From what I've personally seen over the past 50+ yrs in this state is that what Byron is accused of and convicted is just the tip of the iceberg. There are many incidents that happen and go unreported or lack enough proof.

Guides have areas, they have hard bucks invested, and will defend that. Look no further than the unions; they will do the same thing when it comes to defending their turf. I could cite many other examples, but I think you know what I'm talking about.

I've seen strips sabotaged, outfitters camps and equipment shot up, game and hunters harassed etc.

I've seen enough boat rage, plane rage, road rage, and hunter rage to know it's not much different in the woods than it is in the inner city. You can't sweep it under the carpet, and you can't defend it. It's all about human nature and the almighty dollar.

I personally know three guides, all but one are good people, all have done some very stupid things.

I do agree, all guides aren't bad, nor are all people, but don't think for a minute that anyone is not capable of doing some pretty darn stupid things when it comes to defending their investment and means of livelihood.

My 2 cents.

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by onthefrinj View Post
    are you saying what he did was ok with you?
    Not at all,but im just saying maybe sometimes you cant put all the blame on the guide,the hunter can show little respect to the guide to and vice versa

Default Thread locked.

Thread locked at original poster's request.

Frank