View Poll Results: Re: youtube vid "THE TRIALS OF LIFE, Part 1", should enforcement pursue this?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, WA/AK enforcement should find the guy and let the legal system decide his consequences.

83 85.57%
  • No, pursuing this guy isn't worth our tax dollars.

12 12.37%
  • Other (don't know what this is about, but still feel compelled to vote... ;-)

2 2.06%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should F&G take the time to pursue this, or not?

Default Should F&G take the time to pursue this, or not?

This is in regards to the existing thread here that discusses the Sitka blacktail deer youtube video titled:THE TRIALS OF LIFE, Part 1. There have been a variety of opinions re: whether its worth enforcement's time or not, so weigh in so they know what we collectively feel.

Call see what they say. looking at the respones on youtube these guys do whatever they want anyways. Dont look like its helping us.

If they post this kind of activity for all to see, what are they doing that they don't want anyone to find out about? I believe a good look by the cops will uncover crimes worse than what we currently have knowledge of...

Default to what level?

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Nut View Post
    If they post this kind of activity for all to see, what are they doing that they don't want anyone to find out about? I believe a good look by the cops will uncover crimes worse than what we currently have knowledge of...
    Yeah, I thought that too. and at the main thread talking about this it was Wolf's post (#74) that made me realize that he goes around telling people his behavior is actually right.

And s_wright; its OK to give up; I do myself at times, but why take your time to post that here? Are you encouraging others to just give up? If so, why? Or if I've misunderstood, sorry; please explain.

okay, first off, it ain't F&G that would pursue it, it would be the troopers.
    second, i don't know about you, but i have never paid any "tax dollars" in AK... we pay NO TAXES that would be used to pursue this.
    other than that, i certainly agree that this flagrant disrespectful and illegal treatment of our resources should be punished.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

I'm not seeing the thread any more. Did it get "spiked" ?

Default absolutely

This needs to be presued!! I think the Diesel Nut has a point and I'm sure that there are many other things that could use some attention. I may not be able to claim to be a resident of Alaska, YET, but I have fallen in love with your glorious state and don't wnat this guy to allowed to ever hunt in alaska again.

F & G needs to pursue this guy and make an example of him.
    Crap like this is what gives all hunters a bad wrap.

Copperdog

Folks, F&G administers the regs. It is the AK State Troopers division of Fish & Wildlife that is the enforcement arm. So the Troopers are the ones that will have to do something. Once they have this issue on their radar, don't expect quick resolution either. They will have to go through an investigation phase, conduct interviews, get warrants, etc. Could take weeks to months to complete.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

The actions of these folks are blatant violations and posting the video for everyone and their brother to watch on Youtube is basically daring the troopers to try to catch them.

The troopers ought to oblige that.

I agree that there is a point where LE can spent fruitless dollars attempting to dig up evidence on people for relatively minor offenses- this isn't (IMHO) one of them. Given the blatant public display; this is more or less a conviction served on a platter, by the perpetrator no less.

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    Once they have this issue on their radar, don't expect quick resolution either. They will have to go through an investigation phase, conduct interviews, get warrants, etc. Could take weeks to months to complete.
    Agreed- the wheels of justice turn slow but rarely do they stop.

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    Agreed- the wheels of justice turn slow but rarely do they stop.
    Couldn't agree more!!

I figure a call to wash to have him picked up(it's not like he's hiding) and a round trip ticket for a trooper to fly down and bring him back has to cost less than a helicopter rescue of some yuppies that are having trouble sleeping since it is too bright out!

We may not pay "taxes" other than property and local sales taxes, but our licensing and permit fees do go into the state's general fund. From this fund come the dollars that support Wildlife Enforcement, among other things. So my money is being spent on Law Enforcement. And when someone posts a video like this, it should be like waving a steak before a dog: LE should slobber, drool, and jump all over it!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I figure a call to wash to have him picked up(it's not like he's hiding) and a round trip ticket for a trooper to fly down and bring him back has to cost less than a helicopter rescue of some yuppies that are having trouble sleeping since it is too bright out!
    The question I have is -- Pick up who and for what?
    There's a lot of bad stuff happening in that video and it was posted by a guy in Washington. All I see is one scene with somebody's back and a first name heard later in the audio. If the cops coming knocking on the poster's door and he shuts it in their face, what are they going to do? He doesn't have to talk to them or explain where the video came from. They should go talk to him and hopefully he is dumb enough to cooperate. Short of that happening, I don't think anyone is going to get picked up.

Default easy collar

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    ... All I see is one scene with somebody's back and a first name heard later in the audio....
    I've got his other video that does have his face in it; its public too.

And likely all the WA guys would have to do to flush him out is to slam him in a comment on youtube and track the IP of him speaking back, "defending" the actions he thinks are rightful; I bet youtube would cooperate with the WA guys in blue without so much as a warrant, if asked... This guy is not hiding.

Default I'd hope wildlife enforcement would pursue this ...

...If they felt there was a case. At the very least, this person or persons is now on their radar. Wildlife enforcement personnel are now using the internet quite a bit to find violations and pursue those who post violations online, whether it is just a story, pics, or videos. It's amazing how many post illegal acts.

I'd like to think they'll do the work to track it down but they definitely need more than that video. Even if they pin down the guy who posted the video. Did he film it? Is there anything that ties the video with his face to the one in question? Who shot the deer? Who handled the dogs? When did it happen? For that matter, where did it happen? No law against lying on your youtube post.
    Those are questions the troopers will need answers to before they lock him up and toss the key. I hope they can piece it together.

At time game wardens can start with very little and build a very strong case against someone BUT without help from concerned citizens they can do little or nothing. The South Dakota TIPS program has busted a lot of people who "thought" they could get away with just about anything. You can read about them on the South Dakota GF&P web site. Some are real idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    This is in regards to the existing thread here that discusses the Sitka blacktail deer youtube video titled:THE TRIALS OF LIFE, Part 1. There have been a variety of opinions re: whether its worth enforcement's time or not, so weigh in so they know what we collectively feel.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Yeah, I thought that too. and at the main thread talking about this it was Wolf's post (#74) that made me realize that he goes around telling people his behavior is actually right.

And s_wright; its OK to give up; I do myself at times, but why take your time to post that here? Are you encouraging others to just give up? If so, why? Or if I've misunderstood, sorry; please explain.
    1. YOU DID NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I WROTE.
    2. I Meant call Fish and Game and SEE WHAT THEY SAY.(If there is somthing they can do!)
    3. There postings on youtube are arguments with other people justifying what they did. What they did in my opion is crap.
    4. And not helping us is us as real hunters that respect all aspects of what we do. NOT A PUNK WITH A CAMERA.
    5.By NO MEANS DID I EVER SAY GIVE UP!
    so before blasting someone on a thread have them elaborate on what they are saying if you don't understand.
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast