Thread: load data.com

Default load data.com

Has anyone used the web site "load data .com" Do you think it's worth the 29.95?

Default Why pay?

I don't think there is anything there that you can't get for free on other sites. It is about the same with loading manual - just check some of the free sites on the web for about anything you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by maksmith View Post
    Has anyone used the web site "load data .com" Do you think it's worth the 29.95?
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Default How I would use $29.95.

I usually just use the free sites, but, I always check a new recipe against
    another source. Most of the time it is a book that I paid about $29.95 for! I like real books.

I use loaddata.com quite often. When I find the data I need I print it and keep it on the shelf by my loading bench. It's a great resource for published load data. A book might give you the data for that brand bullet but load data.com supplies you with more data than you will ever need.

If you load for more than 3 or 4 calibers, it is a great resource. It has data from all the reloading books, Speer, Hornady, Lyman, Nosler, and others. I can search for 45acp loads using 230gr bullet and Unique powder. Then print out the results. Searches can be done by caliber, bullet weight, and/or powder, or any of the above. A search using only H335 powder turned up everything from the 223 through 30 caliber cartridges. I feel like I have gotten a good deal from this site & plan to continue my subscription. It's only a $30 investment.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Default I second what tvfinak said.

I agree with tvfinak, on this.

And, isn't the data collected from individuals, rather than from manufacturers with test equipment?

If so, would it be as safe to use?

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Ya, take the 30 bucks and go buy a pound of powder You can get load data for free from powder and bullet manufacturers if you don't have it in a book. I have also contacted Speer and Barnes and they have emailed and/or mailed me stuff. Here are links for the benefit of all.

Powder manufacturer load data.
    Hodgdon/IMR/Winchester
    Vihatvouri
    Alliant

Default Try this one

http://www.reloadersnest.com/index.asp

Its free and the best I've found on the net. I do check it against loads published in manuals before I load it up.

All of the powder manufacturers also have loads on their websites.