Thread: How well are willow trails marked?

Default How well are willow trails marked?

I was wanting to take my kids out to ride on thursday, but I was wondering how well the trails are marked. Also wondering if there are any good place to stop and have lunch along the trails anywhere?

Thanks.

Not sure about the Pioneer since it caught fire but there is another joint..The Willow Trading Post has good grub. Trails are great- Willow Trail Committee spends a lot of time marking and maintaining the trail all winter long.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Thanks TWB

Thumbs up It' well marked!!!

If you get lost in Willow you didn't pick up a map. We have gone to great lengths to mark trails for people that have never been out before. This is a very good beginner place. The Willow Swamp is a 8 mile trail that is well marked all the way around so if you try the powder in the center you can always find your way back to the main Kisok!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Boss View Post
    If you get lost in Willow you didn't pick up a map. We have gone to great lengths to mark trails for people that have never been out before. This is a very good beginner place. The Willow Swamp is a 8 mile trail that is well marked all the way around so if you try the powder in the center you can always find your way back to the main Kisok!
    I appreciate the help. I did pick up a map from Eagle River Arctic Cat Polaris, based on one of your other posts. Appreciate that also. I have heard good things about how well you keep the trails, so we will be out tomorrow to check it out with both kids and the wife. Appreciate all the info you post on here and everything you do for the trails. One question, best place to park possibly be at the willow community center?

Default Parking!!

The Willow Community Center and West Gate Center is on the and also the parking for Nancy Lake State Park are all on the map.
    Have Fun!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe

Just finished my first ride at the Willow trails. VERY easy to find your way around on. Plenty of signs, and many intersections also have a map posted with a large "You are here" indicated on them.

I started at the Willow Community Center, crossed the lake over to Long Lake, down across Crystal Lake, did the loop around Willow Swamp, and even went down to Nancy Lake and Red Shirt Lake.

A big "thank you" to the folks who mark and groom these trails.

Quote Originally Posted by sr12345 View Post
    Just finished my first ride at the Willow trails. VERY easy to find your way around on. Plenty of signs, and many intersections also have a map posted with a large "You are here" indicated on them.

I started at the Willow Community Center, crossed the lake over to Long Lake, down across Crystal Lake, did the loop around Willow Swamp, and even went down to Nancy Lake and Red Shirt Lake.

A big "thank you" to the folks who mark and groom these trails.
    We also went out and did our first ride in the area. I have to say I was very impressed with how well the trails were marked. I also have to say thanks to everyone involved in marking and maintaining the trails.

Too many good comments will pump up Trail Boss's ego!!! HA!!!! Great job TB!!!
    (907) 495-3374 WWW.DESHKALANDING.COM

Default Willow sets the standard

When it comes to winter trail systems in Alaska, every trail system competes to be second to Willow. Willow sets the standard. That may make the Trail Boss' head big ... but hopefully he can find a helmet big enough and get back out and keep making the great trails. You rock TB!

Thumbs up Willow

Willow was one of the first areas to work with the AK. State Parks and Snow Trac. Which we have been heavly involed with. Our small core group of 3 people have been working hard to get trails into public hands and maintain, sign, map and groom. We just got some $500 for some more sign to help. It does not go far, as signs are costly! Myself running this cabin resort has allow me time to be outdoors on the trail making them better for all to enjoy!

Willow is a wonderful place, come enjoy it with us!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe