Thread: Clunie Lake

Default Clunie Lake

Has anyone been out to Clunie Lake on Fort Richardson yet this year? Any luck? I have been out to Cheny Lake the last three weeks with little sucess. Three weeks ago, I caught 20 -25 rainbow within a 1 1/2 period using salmon eggs. But, I saw folks leaving the lake with buckets of fish even though it is a one fish limit..... since that weekend, it has been a ghost lake.. So, I a trying to find a decent lake in near Anchorage that is producing well for catch and release with decent sucess. Tight lines all, headed to Kenai Saturday, I'll let ya know how we do!!! MC!!!

lots of 4-5" rainbows in Clunie Lake with a few 12" here and there. Heard there are some nice char but I haven't gotten one yet.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Thanks for the info. I am going to head out to try some Matsu lakes and try my luck for some pike. I caught a decent char out at Clunie last year on the first sinking of the line. Then the Conservation Officers came out and booted us for not signing in at the gate. I haven't been back since and have always wondered if it was a lucky catch, or if it was a decent fishing hole.

Went out to Clunie on Thursday and caught about 30 within 2 hours. Ran into a few Char but nothing huge by anymeans. MNViking, you were right a lot of small trout, average was probably 9 inches with few around 12-14. Hit Kenai on Saturday with one silver caught.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What size was the silver?

Not really sure, didn't take any measurements. Average size, 8-9 pounder?? Didn't give much of a fight. Caught him below the bridge leading out of the lake, and tried a bit more of the upper Kenai with little luck. Had a buddy loose one by the ferry crossing.