Thread: Is anyone fourwheeling and where?

Default Is anyone fourwheeling and where?

Im privy to a fourwheeler this weekend. Was thinking of going for a ride up at jim creek. Any reports from that area? is it packed down and wheelarable? Ill be on a 4x4

Matt,

considering my current location I can't give you any recent info, but this time of year is generally the easiest to get out there. All water crossings are frozen, and the wind generally keeps the snow from getting too deep. You should have no trouble with any 4X4 wheeler. Have fun!

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Yeah but the valley got 2 feet of snow just last week. Was wondering if that had been taken care of out there or not.

We haven't done it this winter but last winter we did a couple of Jim Creek ATV rides and just had a ball. There are sections of solid ice that are normally creek/swamp that you can spin around on, the creeks are frozen and easy to cross. Usually that area doesn't get a lot of snow, and what it does get blows away or packs down hard.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

I'll be heading out there with the kiddo's this weekend...I haven't been out there in a while but I'm pretty sure we'll make it without issue....I think the worst issue will be fogging up the windshield in the ranger because of all the water that will be on top of the ice...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....